Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
If anyone would like a free Google Gmail account just send me the e-mail address you want the invite sent to & I will send you an invite.

If you haven't already heard about Gmail, it's a new search-based webmail service that offers:

- Over 2,500 megabytes (two gigabytes) of free storage
- Built-in Google search that instantly finds any message you want
- Automatic arrangement of messages and related replies into "conversations"
- Text ads and related pages that are relevant to the content of your messages

Gmail is still in an early stage of development. But if you set up an account, you'll be able to keep it even after we make Gmail more widely available. We might also ask for your comments and suggestions periodically and we appreciate your help in making Gmail even better.

To learn more about Gmail before registering, visit:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/benefits.html

(If clicking the URLs in this message does not work, copy and paste them
into the address bar of your browser).

Mike
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
If anyone would like a free Google Gmail account just send me the e-mail address you want the invite sent to & I will send you an invite.

If you haven't already heard about Gmail, it's a new search-based webmail service that offers:

- Over 2,500 megabytes (two gigabytes) of free storage
- Built-in Google search that instantly finds any message you want
- Automatic arrangement of messages and related replies into "conversations"
- Text ads and related pages that are relevant to the content of your messages

Gmail is still in an early stage of development. But if you set up an account, you'll be able to keep it even after we make Gmail more widely available. We might also ask for your comments and suggestions periodically and we appreciate your help in making Gmail even better.

To learn more about Gmail before registering, visit:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/benefits.html

(If clicking the URLs in this message does not work, copy and paste them
into the address bar of your browser).

Mike
Old 11-25-2005, 09:24 PM   #3

Hi Mike, i have been waiting for someone to ask that question. Re:If anyone would like a free Google Gmail account just send me the e-mail address you want the invite sent to & I will send you an invite. I sure would like one and if you would, send it to Gabe327555@aol.com thanks gabe
Fleetwood Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #4

Me too Mike. jameslon@mchsi.com Thanks!
womens warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi I have sent you an invite.
Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fleetwood Max:
Hi Mike, i have been waiting for someone to ask that question. Re:If anyone would like a free Google Gmail account just send me the e-mail address you want the invite sent to & I will send you an invite. I sure would like one and if you would, send it to Gabe327555@aol.com thanks gabe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Your invite is also on the way.
Enjoy
Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by womens warden:
Me too Mike. jameslon@mchsi.com Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #7

Actually you don't need to be invited by some one..

Simply go to the Google site and enter your cell phone number.. its that simple.

Google will then send you an "invitation" via a text message on your cell phone..

I signed up last month by doing that.

This is not to take away from the nice offer of Mike. He is a nice guy to offer to help other members get the Google account.

But all anyone really needs is a cell phone number..

John
John Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
What John says is correct I just checked.
So if you want to give Google youe call phone # you can get an invite by going to gmail.com & click "Sign up for Gmail using your mobile phone"
If you don't want to give them your # then e-mail me at mikecoke at gmail.com & I will e-mail you an invite. Google says I have 95 invites available.

below is what I got in the FAQ about getting a gmail account

Can I sign up without the invitation code? Or without a mobile phone?
You need to receive and enter a special invitation code in order to create an account. Currently, we are only sending these codes as text messages to US mobile phones. So you will need to have a mobile phone with text message capabilities (most phones have this) and the invitation code itself.
One of the reasons we are offering this new way to sign up for Gmail is to help protect our users and combat abuse. Spam and abuse protection are two things we take very seriously, and our users have been very happy with the small amount of spam they've received in their Gmail accounts. We take many measures to ensure that spammers have a difficult time sending their spam messages, getting these messages delivered, or even obtaining a Gmail account (spammers will often use many different accounts to send spam). Sending invitation codes to mobile phones via SMS is one way to address this, as the number of accounts per phone number can be limited.

If you want to open an account a different way, you may want to ask a friend with a mobile phone to receive an invitation code for you or to ask someone you know who already has a Gmail account to email you an invitation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Harrelson:
Actually you don't need to be invited by some one..

Simply go to the Google site and enter your cell phone number.. its that simple.

Google will then send you an "invitation" via a text message on your cell phone..

I signed up last month by doing that.

This is not to take away from the nice offer of Mike. He is a nice guy to offer to help other members get the Google account.

But all anyone really needs is a cell phone number..

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #9

Hi Mike, Me too. tks, ron

oneofonerc@yahoo.com
we_rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:28 AM   #10

A post with a difference.

I've had my g-mail account since late August.

One of the things I really like is the 'save draft'. It just happens. & you can run off and deal with something else without having to think 'save'.

Yesterday, I told a friend of mine who lives on the other side of 'the pond' I could send him an invite. He'd just lost a long message that he had written to me. So, the question, google is world wide, are gmail accounts world wide?

{{Comment re. cell phone #s, one of the reasons I abandonned the land line was to get rid of spam calls}}

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #11

Mike brought up something else with the info paste from Gmail... "SPAM".

I am using Gmail strictly for exploratory surfing because of the tremendous amount of email that surfing can generate..

Every day I have from 5 to 20 "Spams" and "Trash" in the google mail room.

That is about 5 times more than I get in my Juno mail room..

BUT ..... there is a reason I don't get many spams and garbage in my Juno mail... it's called "MAIL WASHER"..

Mail Washer is a FREE program that allows me to see whats in my mail box WHILE IT IS STILL ON JUNO'S COMPUTERS ... BEFORE it is downloaded to my computer.

I can delete any or all of the emails waiting for me by simply clicking them out in the MAIL WASHER window.

AND ... if I keep getting the same emails from the same source over and over again ...

I simply mark the unwanted email for the "Blacklist" in the Mail Washer window and I never have to worry about getting another email from that source..

If you do a research on the many different RV forums, you will find that lots of the forum's members have downloaded MAIL WASHER and love it...

ALSO .... it's probably one of the easiest and most positive ways to prevent a virus from being downloaded to your computer..

you simply delete any emails that you don't want to download with your regular email program...

Best Wishes,
John
John Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mail Washer is a FREE program that allows me to see whats in my mail box WHILE IT IS STILL ON JUNO'S COMPUTERS ... BEFORE it is downloaded to my computer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Using my hot mail and other accounts and Outlook express properly set up. This is available to anyone. I don't use Outlook but I'm sure that workes the same way. I have to double click an e-mail to download it from their server to my computer. Other wise, it stays on the e-mail server.
Jim

SPELL CHECK By IeSpell; Its free and it works.
JimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:24 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi
Invite is on the way.
Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by we_rv:
Hi Mike, Me too. tks, ron

oneofonerc@yahoo.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 AM   #14

A very kind offer. I'd love one if it is still possible.
Thanks.
Ian
ikidd49@yahoo.com