RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
Garmin rv 760 lmt vs Dezl 760 lmt

so what would be the better gps for a class A rv , 12 foot tall , 22k chassis 26 k gross weight ?

also what is the main differences between the two ?

thank's
mike

mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have the Dezl 760 LMT. From what I've read the RV 760 LMT includes an RV Park search capability which the Dezl does not have. On the Dezl you enter the dimensions of your vehicle, length, width, height and weight. The Dezl throws numerous warnings/cautions at you such as weight limitations, height limitations, sharp curves, steep grades, ETC. It also allows searches for RV/Truck points of interest such as rest stops, truck service centers, maintenance facilities, ETC. I am sure the RV 760 is very similar. If you drive a "big rig", I would highly recommend either one of them!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Not familiar with either. We have the Rand McNally 7720 and love it. Just load your RV info into it and you're set. Very easy to use with many useful RV features.
kirk7678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had the Garmin 760 for a month now and am not too familiar with it yet, however, it does give warnings of sharp curves, steep hills, low overpasses, ect. The ten inch screen is really easy to see even though I had to mount it a ways from my drivers seat. It also has Blue Tooth capability, voice commands, ect.

So far I am well satisfied with it. We have had several other Garmins in our cars and boat. All have worked well. In fact I still have my first one in our old Airstream Motorhome parked out in the barn. It's over fourteen years old and still works.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The "search" function up towards the top is your "friend".

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/garmi...ml#post1632280

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #6

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The "search" function up towards the top is your "friend".

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/garmi...ml#post1632280

Dr4Film ----- Richard
THank you

So basically if you get the rv760 you get a list of rv park's and if you get the dezl 760 you get hazard material warning ?

Im a new bee to rv's but I would think the hazard material warning would be a better choice for safety reasons. I could always by a rv campground book or smart phone it .

so is this the basic difference ?

thanks
mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Actually I have never needed a hazardous material warnings. The only place I can see that being a problem are tunnels that dont allow propane. If I am going on a route that has a tunnel I can probably look that up.
On the other hand my Rand Mcnally has has RV Park lookup capabilities and one of the features of that is a woodall rating. I have used that several times in the year I have owned my MH.

I would make sure that I get a model that is set up for an RV. I did not know that garmin had an RV model I thought they had car or semi versions only
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #8

I have the dezl 760 and it has an RV Park/Campground search function in it.

Also had the Rand 7720 for one trip. That was enough. By far it was the worst GPS I have ever used. Returned it and got my money back.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
I have the dezl 760 and it has an RV Park/Campground search function in it.

Also had the Rand 7720 for one trip. That was enough. By far it was the worst GPS I have ever used. Returned it and got my money back.
Could you tell me where that function is located... because my Dezl 760 doesn't have a campground search function...
Old 07-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #10

From the Home Screen on my Garmin I touch "Where To?" and on the next screen is an icon for "Camps & RV Parks." You may have to scroll down to see it.

I moved that icon to the top row so I don't have to scroll to get to it. You do that by touching and holding the icon until it starts to "wiggle" (like the iPad does, if you have an iPad.) Then you can drag the icon to wherever you want it on the screen.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
From the Home Screen on my Garmin I touch "Where To?" and on the next screen is an icon for "Camps & RV Parks." You may have to scroll down to see it.

I moved that icon to the top row so I don't have to scroll to get to it. You do that by touching and holding the icon until it starts to "wiggle" (like the iPad does, if you have an iPad.) Then you can drag the icon to wherever you want it on the screen.
INTERESTING... mine did not have that icon on that screen!! So, I went exploring... From the "Where To?" screen, I selected "Categories", "Lodging", and finally "Camps & RV Parks"! So I found it 4 layers down... Now I wonder if this is the SAME data base used on the RV 760 LMT?? I'm going to send an email to Garmin and see if I can get an answer.

Rich, thank you for your response!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #12

I seem to recall that I moved the Camps & RV Parks icon from one screen to another, but I don't remember how I did that!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Nothing back from my email to Garmin, but I did more research. I would say the RV 760LMT uses a DIFFERENT RV PARK DATABASE than the Dezl 760LMT! I found the following quote: "The America’s RV Parks & Services Directory (exclusive to the RV 760LMT) contains nearly 20,000 RV parks and campgrounds in the United States and Canada, and lets users search by 20 amenities – such as pet friendly, on-site laundry, internet access, and electric hookups. More than 14,000 service locations (e.g., towing, tire shops, truck stops, repairs, etc.) are also included." Based on that quote, I am sure the Dezl and the RV unit are similar, but the RV is definitely geared more to RV use!! Anyone want to buy a lightly used Dezl...
Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Looks like the pre-orders are shipping... got my tracking number about 15 minutes ago.

DeWat is online now   Reply With Quote