Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Getting local TV

OK guys I need some quick advice. We lost our local ABC and CBS stations due to a fight between Dish and somebody. I have figured out a way to get cbs, but cannot get abc. Saturday is the Clemson/Norte Dame game. Naturally it is on abc.

We have fiber optic internet and dish. Dish offers no help anything I can do with the fiber optic or something else? I don’t really want to sign up for a whole new service for one game, but would consider a one month trial. I also have an Amazon fire stick which might have internet and we have one internet capable tv. Ideas pls.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Getting local TV

Take the trial of youtubetv ( my choice ) , Hulu + , or fubo , one that includes locals but they aren’t a month. normally they only offer a week or two.
Don’t forget to cancel! Truth is you might decide , at home at least to dump sat and stay with streaming. We have and are saving some money!
A cheap fire stick or internet tv will give you lots of options.
If your in a Locast tv City ( google it ) or near one , you can stream abc on it for free actually all the networks ( without interruption if you contribute 5 bucks a month ) if your tv can’t get Locast ,stream it on your phone and cast it to the tv. But to use you must be near the few cities they are in
Good luck !
Btw your local station owner is demanding an increase in $ from dish ( really YOU as you will pay in increased rates) to bring you the channels they offer free to those with a over the air antenna. Which is also an option for you if your near a city .. just put an antenna on the tv .
Old 12-16-2020, 05:22 PM   #3

Try using a computer and go to
Https://ustvgo.tv
All the major networks but not necessarily for your area
May do what you want

RoadrunnerII
Old 12-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use a Firestik in my MH to stream Amazon and Netflix. I know there are internet services that can get live network broadcasts. They are paid, but you might get a free trial. I would go first to the the ABC network website and you will likely get options to sign up for the live service.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Where are you located? Do you have an OTA antenna. We rely on OTA for out TV watching. We do have smart TV's and Roku along with Netflix but seldom use. We get +40 OTA stations including the main networks but live close to a large city.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:13 PM   #6

There's a big fight like this going on in Houston. https://www.khou.com/directv
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #7

If you have a roku or similar device, you can download LOCAST which will give you your local channels for free, albeit with donate nags every now and then. I have only used it at home because Directv is not supporting one of my local channels anymore.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
May do what you want

RoadrunnerII
Thanks so much!! I used my fire stick to make my old tv internet smart and then typed in that website and viola I have nearly any channel I want. I did not even download the Amazon app for tv choices, just used this web site. It went full screen easily and I put a different tv on and verified I was getting the same thing. I was! Thanks again, that is the easiest option I have.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
If you have a roku or similar device, you can download LOCAST which will give you your local channels for free, albeit with donate nags every now and then. I have only used it at home because Directv is not supporting one of my local channels anymore.

I use Locast in the Tampa area and it works great. I also have a VPN loaded on my fire stick and can set that to other cities to pick up the Locast channels there (worked on the case where my local TV stations was covering a different NFL game than the rest of the country). I paid the $60 for the year to get it ad-free (ad's from Locast asking you to donate) but as described in the quote from jcussen you can use it without that too.

It's available from the Fire Stick Search (for LOCAST APP).
Old 12-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #10

Do you not get ABC, CBS over the air? --- free --- local channels in your area? Flip over to the antenna on the roof of your RV. Scan your television. See what happens.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post
Do you not get ABC, CBS over the air? --- free --- local channels in your area? Flip over to the antenna on the roof of your RV. Scan your television. See what happens.
Here at the house we can get some locals but not all because of terrain between us and the stations. Unfortunately the rv is in the shop. I could likely get it this weekend since it awaiting service and is drivable and had considered doing just that and driving it to a clear spot towards the station maybe 20 miles from the house.

Finding it on the internet has solved the problem however and is easier.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You would be a lot better off NOT watching any of those, all propaganda.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:37 AM   #13

The OP wanted to watch a single football game. So, is that "propaganda"?
Tom_M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
May do what you want

RoadrunnerII
That site surely can't be legal despite what the FAQ says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Is it legal to watch live stream on ustvgo.tv ?

Watching is legal. If you still worry, we recommended you use a VPN to protect your identity — download VPN at https://ustvgo.tv/vpn/.
Why would anyone worry if it's legal?

There's no way they can legally give away those channels for free. That said, I doubt if anyone is coming after the viewers.

I think the site's primary purpose might be to sell NordVPN through affiliate links. I don't know why it shows partial hidden Bitcoin and Ethereum addresses in the page footer.
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote