Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #15

I have the same thing happening here. I have OTA adapters on both of my DISH receivers. I did it because of when extreme weather hits I lose my DISH local channels right when I might need to know if I need to take cover. Luckily it also works when the locals and DISH are fighting out their disputes.
skitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
I have the same thing happening here. I have OTA adapters on both of my DISH receivers. I did it because of when extreme weather hits I lose my DISH local channels right when I might need to know if I need to take cover. Luckily it also works when the locals and DISH are fighting out their disputes.
We also have the dish ota adaptor. I was wondering if it would work at home we do not have any at home antenna but might just try it.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranz View Post
That site surely can't be legal despite what the FAQ says.

Why would anyone worry if it's legal?

There's no way they can legally give away those channels for free. That said, I doubt if anyone is coming after the viewers.

I think the site's primary purpose might be to sell NordVPN through affiliate links. I don't know why it shows partial hidden Bitcoin and Ethereum addresses in the page footer.
I also wondered if selling the VPN was a primary purpose. About15 minutes into watching a channel on the site thru my fire stick, it started buffering and a msg came up “unable to download this file”. Fortunately we a picked up our MH the day before and I was able to watch the first game, the big 12 championship on live OTA TV.

I watched the second game live as well until it was halftime. Then seeing it was a runaway, i went back inside and did other things. As a curiosity i did play the entire second half of the game on my IPad just to see if it would play on that site and it did without problems.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #18

I also use OTA frequently for sports broadcast on local channels even if they are available on YouTube TV or other streaming options. OTA is a much better picture than streaming options. I use OTR, Visible and park Wi-Fi for other shows
mrome54369 is offline   Reply With Quote