Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2022, 04:08 PM   #1
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,611
Got an Inseego M2000 hotspot? Did you know they have an app?

I found their Inseego Mobile app last week. The app allows me to manage the M2000 5G hotspot remotely from any Internet connection, including rebooting it if needed.

When configuring the app you need the IMEI number and the SKU number, which I could not find anywhere. The app can scan a QR code but kept reporting the little one as invalid. Then I found a bigger QR code behind the M2000 battery and that one worked.

Once you get those two items entered the app will take you to a web page where you need to create an Inseego account. For whatever reason that's where I got stuck for a few days. I successfully created my account but the app just kept going back to where it started.

Then a few days later it began working, prompted me for the hotspot admin password, registered it, told me to reboot the hotspot manually and wait up to an hour.

Because I enabled the hotspot's GPS capability the app actually shows me my motorhome location on a map in addition to everything else it does. The M2000 is permanently mounted inside a cabinet so if someone steals the motorhome the hotspot may help me locate it. (I also keep the hotspot's phone number in my cell phone's Contacts so the cops could check to see which cell towers it checks into if the GPS signal is blocked.)

https://inseego.com/products/softwar...go-mobile-app/

You do need to have Inseego Connect enabled in the M2000 Advanced settings but mine was enabled by default.

The list of supported devices seems to be almost exclusively commercial products. The M2000 Mifi was the only device I recognized.

Ray
__________________
2020 Forest River Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
SillyAnn's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Webster, FL
Posts: 124
I did not. I will check this out.
__________________
Paul & Casey Loranger
2021 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
2020 Chevy Silverado, Blue Ox, SMI AF One
SillyAnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:23 PM   #3
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I found their Inseego Mobile app last week. The app allows me to manage the M2000 5G hotspot remotely from any Internet connection, including rebooting it if needed.

When configuring the app you need the IMEI number and the SKU number, which I could not find anywhere. The app can scan a QR code but kept reporting the little one as invalid. Then I found a bigger QR code behind the M2000 battery and that one worked.

Once you get those two items entered the app will take you to a web page where you need to create an Inseego account. For whatever reason that's where I got stuck for a few days. I successfully created my account but the app just kept going back to where it started.

Then a few days later it began working, prompted me for the hotspot admin password, registered it, told me to reboot the hotspot manually and wait up to an hour.

Because I enabled the hotspot's GPS capability the app actually shows me my motorhome location on a map in addition to everything else it does. The M2000 is permanently mounted inside a cabinet so if someone steals the motorhome the hotspot may help me locate it. (I also keep the hotspot's phone number in my cell phone's Contacts so the cops could check to see which cell towers it checks into if the GPS signal is blocked.)

https://inseego.com/products/softwar...go-mobile-app/

You do need to have Inseego Connect enabled in the M2000 Advanced settings but mine was enabled by default.

The list of supported devices seems to be almost exclusively commercial products. The M2000 Mifi was the only device I recognized.

Ray
Had you set up your admin account for the inseego ? That account is not related to their app...I only learned about the app from you here today
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,611
The default admin password is available on the touchscreen. Yes, i did change it to something I can remember.

I think it was the same password as the default Wi-Fi password originally.

Ray
__________________
2020 Forest River Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 1
I need help please Im using Inseego M2000 unlocked with T-Mobile which has a TTL of 64. Do I have to change the TTL if I’m using with different European carriers since it’s unlocked? Will I have problems? Thank you all.
gsm4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 104
I was told about the APP when I purchased the device a year ago. My M2000 doesn't have GPS capability (that I can find).

BTW, my Inseego just died (bricked), which I understand to be a common issue. T-Mobile replaced it for a $5 "exchange fee". They are now selling a different device, presumably because the Inseego hasn't been very durable.
__________________
Scottsdale, AZ
2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 + 2014 Cadillac SRX Towed
2016 Tiffin Open Road 36LA
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
RV Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Full Timers
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvcampbell View Post
I was told about the APP when I purchased the device a year ago. My M2000 doesn't have GPS capability (that I can find).

BTW, my Inseego just died (bricked), which I understand to be a common issue. T-Mobile replaced it for a $5 "exchange fee". They are now selling a different device, presumably because the Inseego hasn't been very durable.

What did they replace it with?
__________________
RV Wanderers
2017 Entegra Insignia 44W
RV Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:20 PM   #8
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,611
T-Mobile is still selling the Inseego M2000: https://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot-iot...-5g-mifi-m2000

They did replace the Franklin T9 with a Franklin T10, though, very shortly after I got my T9 from FMCA, whom I have since dropped.

GPS is under Settings per the attached pic. Mine was off by default.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	369512  
__________________
2020 Forest River Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:39 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jpiland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sonoma County, Ca
Posts: 461
Got mine all setup and GPS is working. You need to log into the router/mifi device from your PC. Then you can set anything you want to. It will a few hours for the GPS gets working, but it does work. Good Luck, Happy Travels.
Thanks
NXR/ Ray
__________________
Jerry & Sue
2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39J, 2015 Chevy Colorado 4x4 Crew Cab. Simi-Retired, 4 Down & Running, Sonoma County, CA.
Jpiland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:22 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
What did they replace it with?
They gave me a reconditioned M2000.
__________________
Scottsdale, AZ
2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 + 2014 Cadillac SRX Towed
2016 Tiffin Open Road 36LA
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:24 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
T-Mobile is still selling the Inseego M2000: https://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot-iot...-5g-mifi-m2000
I was going from my (foggy) recollection of what the Mobile Internet Resource Center recently published in this article.
__________________
Scottsdale, AZ
2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 + 2014 Cadillac SRX Towed
2016 Tiffin Open Road 36LA
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:24 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
RV Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Full Timers
Posts: 376
Ive downloaded the app and scanned the required info and the device never shows up. Did you need to do anything special? Inseego Connect is enabled in the Web Admin.

Any help would be appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5805.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	369676
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5806.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	369677
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5804.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	369678
__________________
RV Wanderers
2017 Entegra Insignia 44W
RV Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Jpiland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sonoma County, Ca
Posts: 461
Question:
On your phone are you logged into the m2000 mifi (wifi)? Everything should show up once logged in. Close app down and close app. Then reopen app. On your PC log into the mifis wifi and go to http:// mifi.com. then you can change the GPS on the GPS tab. It will take a few hours before you can read the GPS locations. This is how i did it on my iPhone. Good Luck.
__________________
Jerry & Sue
2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39J, 2015 Chevy Colorado 4x4 Crew Cab. Simi-Retired, 4 Down & Running, Sonoma County, CA.
Jpiland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:16 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
RV Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Full Timers
Posts: 376
Im logged into the Inseego WiFi along with closing the app more times than Id like to admit and rebooted the Inseego 5-7 x. Waited 3hrs and nothing. Removed the MiFi from Inseego App and tried it all over again. Same results.
__________________
RV Wanderers
2017 Entegra Insignia 44W
RV Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T Mobile INSEEGO M2000 5G and 4G LTE Hotspot jerichorick Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 12 04-02-2022 01:21 PM
M2000 4G LTE only? Chuck&Pam Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 5 02-15-2022 05:07 PM
Did you know you can change paint colors when you order your coach? Gamaliel Kid Newmar Owner's Forum 8 11-14-2016 11:59 PM
thetford did as they said they would bmanSC Damon 1 10-06-2007 03:41 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.