Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #1

Guide issue with Wally

The past three times I had my Wally/Pathway X2 out, the guide doesn’t update after acquiring the satellites.

It goes from check switch, squiring satellites and then it’s done. It doesn’t even try to update the guide.

I check and good signal on all three satellites. I use East most of the time.

The guide shows info for the time it booted plus a few hours.

Moving right in the guide no longer prompts for a guide download.

Usually this is cleared up the next morning, but this morning it was still showing 5:30pm-7:30pm last night in the guide.

I have tried resetting, power off and back on. Same thing. And the data is still the same as it was 5:30-7:30. And it might be the same guide data (is really old and not from last night but from months ago???). I’ll try to tell, but that time frame always has the same shows on.

Anyone know any way to force a guide update with the current Wally software?
starneml is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #2

Following
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #3

Update: it is always showing 5:30-7:30pm.
I just reset it and when it came up, 5:30-7:30pm. So it’s not guide data from when it booted. It’s like it’s guide data stuck in memory or somewhere.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #4

Another observation:
When I am on a channel and bring up the guide, the program info on the right side is correct. It’s just not showing the actual guide in the guide.

Very odd.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 AM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
When you get it booted up, then hold the on/off button down until the little light goes off..continue to hold the button down until the light comes back on.. this is a hard boot/reset.... sometimes works..sometimes not.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You can call Dish tech support and have them update the guide. I've had to do this several times!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:08 PM   #7
JDT

When I used the Pathway X2 for the first time Thursday the guide showed 5:00 pm tomorrow. I tried powering it down but it came back the same way. The next morning the guide was correct. We are using the same Wally we used with the Trav'ler we had on the previous fifth wheel. I thought it was an anomaly but maybe not.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:03 PM   #8

Thanks for all the suggestions. So far, nothing has worked. As you said, usually the next morning all is good, but not last weekend. All weekend the guide was stuck on 5:30-7:30.

I didn’t call dish yet. I tried chat but their BOT wouldn’t get me to a person!

Right now I have a wide open unobstructed view of the sky (last weekend was iffy). So maybe tomorrow morning it will be good.

Don’t know why they removed the guide download from the initialization and arriving to the end of existing guide data no longer prompts to download guide data.

It’s just like something is stuck if it’s working for others with a mobile single LNB dish.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #9

Chat never seems to resolve anything for me on most websites.
Call them.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #10

I did a factory reset on my Wally today while retaining DVR data and timers. My guide is working again.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
You can call Dish tech support and have them update the guide. I've had to do this several times!
What he said ^
Old 06-18-2020, 03:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocamper View Post
I did a factory reset on my Wally today while retaining DVR data and timers. My guide is working again.

Interesting idea! I had g dg one a full factory reset last weekend and it didn’t help.

I just tried the factory reset retaining DVD data and timers and when it came up I had current guide data. Hope this is a one time fix! :-)

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-02-2020, 02:57 PM   #13

Following this thread...

I have same issue with my guide
However, if I remove my DVR From the Wally and do a restart, I get the normal 48 hrs of guide on Wally alone (after I initiate it).

Then if I re-plug my DVR into Wally, & do a re-start...I get the same screwed up guide that I previously had. Not current or just messed up

To compound all of this confusion...
If I take my Wally with DVR into my home and plug into my roof mount 3 LNB DISH and do a factory reset there, the guide list updated info perfectly.

After an hour on the phone, DISH sent me a new Wally. But after set up and a couple of days running 24/7...the Wally with DVR still has a screwed up guide on my RV Winegard G3
So I’m not sure what to think other than the DISH technology isn’t correct.

Update: while sitting here typing I did a partial factory reset (left DVR alone). And, I can’t believe that it actually did work. My guide reset perfectly 1 week out.
So chalk-up one for the good guys.

However, that said, what a PITA if I have to do that 20 minute reset every time I need the guide updated
Old 09-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #14

I have a pathway X2 and a Wally also. I have to update my menu every morning. I hit the guide button and it only shows one or two hour of programming. When I arrow over to the next hour it tells me info not avilable and it will allow me to update from that screen.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that I read or heard somewhere that some info is not avaliable on the Eastern satellites but I may be dreaming this.

Good luck.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guide