Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #1

Question HOw do I remove the old RCA TV's from my Itasca Horizon

How do I remove the old RCA TV's from my Itasca Horizon, Is there a trick to getting them out? After a brief look their appears to be a clamp around the TV. Do I need to remove the molding to get it out? If so how do I get the molding off?
I have an Itasca Horizon 2002 39PD
I'm wanting to replace both TV's. Anyone know where you can get instruction book or such?
Thanks and have a wonderful thanksgiving
bruce Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Try this...

Look underneath the cabinet.

Look for ANY screws. Often there are at least one and sometimes two sets of screws.

One that may hold a trim piece on the leading front edge and others directly underneath that hold TV base or clamps in place.

You are correct in that it is secured and close inspection will reveal which trim piece you need to review, but I suspect that if you look from the bottom you its a good place to start. Good Luck Jim
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
RKL

Take the plastic caps off the bottom plastic shroud and remove screws and shroud will drop down. Look up from underneath and you will see all the attachment connections for the front trim piece and the tv anchors. Have someone there to help pull it out and down. It is a heavy unit. Rkl
Old 11-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
When you get to the point of unbolting the metal clamp holding the front tv in place, after removing the trim, the 27" CRT tv is heavy (60-70#s) and awkward to handle. Get a second person to help with the handling to be safe. In either location you will need to fabricate or purchase a mounting bracket.

Safe travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It has been a while but if it is the same as my 36G Journey, feel around the edges behind the trim. There should be counter sunk (if I remember correctly) #2 phillip's screws about two inches long. They are almost impossible to see but you can feel them and the come out pretty easy with a long screwdriver. Caution as you progress. That is a heavy beast. Get help when taking it out. I cut out the "box" it sat in and for fun weighed it. The supports and brackets weighed 97#s. The TV weighed about the same. As for the bedroom, on my model I was able to access the back of it through the bathroom. Behind the connections for the washer/dryer.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My coach was in the shop for other repairs and I asked if they could remove it.

Best move I ever made.

Be sure to have a helper. They are heavy!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca