Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #1

how to use cable tv

We have a 2007 Gulf Stream class A, been trying to view tv using park cable. no luck. how do you do this .
Pamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You of course need to connect the cable from the CG to your rv ( basic , I know ) then you may have a selector in your rv that goes from antenna to cable and possibly sat. It needs to be on cable ( basic again ). If you have an antenna booster , that needs to be in the off position. Lastly you need to go to the set up menu on your tv and run a channel scan for cable TV. That's all I do. I realize some of this was very basic but I have no idea of what you knew. Hope this helps.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The channel scan is most likely the most important part. Without it your TV will not "know" there is cable attached. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get a guide to work without a cable box, but I guess we can't have everything.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #4

What are the symptoms? After scanning for stations do you just get snowy picture?
Doe the scan say no channels found? I assume you have set up the TV as mentioned in above post.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
No guide anywhere on CATV without a box. Some providers do provide a specific channel with a scrolling channel lineup.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We were at a nice park in Mineral VA with "park cable". However, what they did not tell us the cable on the site's utility post was only a connection to their Satellite antennas (several around the park). I still needed a sat. box (I cannot recall if it was Dish or Directv).
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote