Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Intec camera replacement adapter cable

I had posted previously on efforts to replace the older INTEC backup camera with a new LCD color camera.
I have made the patch cable using the parts identified in my previous post.
It is finally tested and working nice.
I will be adding a cable pin out picture shortly showing pins used. I matched the new connector to the old and used the old cables video and shield wires and then the red and black for the ground.
spicetraders is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #2

I too have an Intec system, vintage 1996. Would it be reasonable to purchase a modern color camera and adapt it to the Intec cable by solder and heat shrink? At the other end I would like to use the entertainment TV above the windshield to display the back camera output. Can it be done? Comments/advice?
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yes a cut, solder and heat shrink would works fine.
I just choose using the crimp on adapter setup up of ease of removal and also allowing easy use of the extra wire in the cable for future projects.
Make sure to use the intec videos set of the wires for the video of the new camera and new monitor connection..
A modern camera will not work with the intec monitor itself so a video monitor will be required in the cab.
The use of the overhead TV could work but you will need to wire the TV power disconnect to the reverse switch to allow it to power up with engine running. RVs for most part have a kill relay for TV power while mobile.
If you replace your dash radio with a after mark unit with a LCD display that also could be used with after market color cameras, or if like my Magellen unit there is a video input that is available. Basically any LCD monitor located in a convenient location is ideal for a color CCD back up camera.

NOTE back up camera normally contain video and audio allowing communications with some one behind the coach so make sure you have audio also.
spicetraders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #4

Thanks Spicetrader. I ordered the camera today.
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, camera, replace, replacement