Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Internet while traveling

Mornin' All,
I have a quick question from a not so savvy internet guy.
What is the best internet while traveling . I have ATT phone but wonder if there is a better option. We have internet at home but wonder if we could cancel the home and use the traveling internet source with one monthly charge? I think the charge at home is $65.00 a mo.
I guess the question is: A internet hook-up for traveling and also for home use when not traveling?
Thanks, Don
Lacota is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's not cheap but we use Verizon Hot Spots on our Iphones. We've found they have the best coverage and we have unlimited use of the internet.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:46 PM   #3

Thanks Jim, I was wondering if there was another way other than the hot spot. I think ATT has the same option.
Do you use the hot spot at home also?
I have a satellite dish network at close to $200. and $65. for internet. We mostly stream now and I can see dish going away or maybe just for travel.
I wish dish would come up with internet also. That might be the hot tip.
Thanks, Don
Old 11-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #4

Here ya go. Using mine right now.

https://www.amazon.com/MOFI4500-4GXe...s%2C446&sr=8-3
kflyer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #5

what we used...

Last year we were on the road for three months. Used the mofi4500 also. Used a 100gb t-mobile sims card plan. Between that an the coach antenna we were happy. Some parks also offer cable. Using the same system at home now. Antenna on the roof and mofi for internet. If your a big gamer, or work on line it might not be enough. Works for us.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacota View Post
Do you use the hot spot at home also?
Thanks, Don
At home we have a signal from a tower repeater that is quite reasonable. The hot spots are still our back up if that goes down, which is seldom. We also have Dish at home and I have to receivers in our MH when on the road. Nice because you can turn it on for a month and then turn it off.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #7

Lots of options available. Would encourage you to take a look at The Mobile Internet Resource Center to get an idea of the choices available.
lemodrop9344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:54 PM   #8

Thanks to All. Does a guy need a good cell signal for these to work?
Don

Tags
internet, travel