Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #29
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I hated going from Lotus 123 to Excel...

I usually don't like change, but more time than not, after I get used to the new method, I'd hate it more to go backwards...
Switching from VisiCalc was difficult also.

No problems here with the new IOS-7.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Finding a photo you want to look at is a NIGHTMARE with the new version. Here is a sample view.
At first look, this was scary. Then I realized my photos are sorted by year in this view, when you touch the group of photos they enlarge and are sorted by dates within the year. Each date has a title telling you where those photos were taken. Touch that group and they are the same size thumbnails they used to be in os6 only now they are organized and labeled. Once we figured that out, we like this approach a lot better and see a great improvement. A lot easier to find what you are looking for.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #31
hax

Yep wish I'd never updated my iphone. The contrast sucks and makes it very difficult to see in the sunlight. It really messed up the pictures, and now it takes three steps to send a picture. Yuk!

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
I quite like ios7 and wish I could update my iPad. Unfortunately it is a ipad1 and is stuck forever at 5.1.1.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Battery drain

Apple had a bad batch of batteries a couple of years ago. I believe they will replace them for free if it's one of the bad ones.

I find that the biggest battery drainer is the retina display. I keep the brightness turned down as much as possible and still be able to see things. #2 is leaving a graphically intense game running in the background. I never just close a game, I kill it using the swipe up method (seems to be kinda similar to Windows 8 to me).

Some people will say the cellular modem drains the battery fast too but my experience from using it as a cellular hotspot is that I can go for over 12 hours with the display off and still be at 70 something % of charge.

I found an app that no longer works on 7. It's an audio recording program, and the new version costs 2.99! Today was the first time I've tried to use it. So I guess I really don't need it.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #34

We did the ios7 update on our phones and mine of coarse was the one to mess up. I had had to restart phone as a new one if I restarted using iCloud backup the same problem came back (no apps could be loaded,would not load YouTube) lost all contacts in phone.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #35

The trouble is the kids designing and programming this junk thinks the whole world has the same 20 year old eyes and can see as well as they do.

Some of us have fatter fingers too.

No matter what, every computer device should offer choices for display colors, menus, icon sizes and other properties.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #36
Community Administrator

On the iPhone in the general part of settings you can select text size

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2586277396.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	47493

And then select accessibility

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-661774223.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	47494

My old eye ( only have one ) likes it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always wait a month or so before upgrading. Has saved me a lot of grief in the past.
I like ios7, it's definitely faster. But I dislike the interface. The icons look cheap and junky. I think they sacrificed aesthetics for greater processing power and battery life, which is slightly better than before on my iphone and DW's ipad. Somehow I don't think that change would have happened if Steve Jobs was still alive. He was big on style.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote