Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is AT&T the Next Hack

https://www.webpronews.com/data-of-7...r-sale-online/

Quote:
Just days ago T-Mobile acknowledged a data breach impacting tens of millions of users, the complete scope of which may still not be fully clear. According to Restore Privacy, a hacker is claiming to have the data of 70 million AT&T subscribers and is looking to sell it online.

The hacker maintains the data is, in fact, from AT&T. The hacker, known as ShinyHunters, is also a well known entity in the hacking community, with a long list of successful hacks against other companies, lending credence to the claims.

In the meantime, Restore Privacy got a look at a sample of the data and, while they could not confirm it came from AT&T’s systems, the data included a distributing amount of sensitive information. The data included names, social security numbers, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses and dates of birth.
Of course AT$T says it "does not appear to have come from our systems."

Also https://cybernews.com/news/att-datab...-hacker-forum/
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2021, 12:50 PM   #2

Well all of my info is already out there as a result of the T-Mobile fiasco so I guess it doesn't matter much if they get the same thing from AT&T

Sad as it is, these days you pretty much have to assume that your name, address, email, SSN, etc. has been compromised via one security breach or another, known or unknown. About all you can do is place a lock or freeze on your account with Experion, TransUnion, and Equifax, subscribe to a credit monitoring service, use good security practices on all your online accounts, and constantly keep any eye out for any suspicious activity. There have been so many breaches in the last few years that any notion your personal information is safe is an illusion.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
My Netflix got hacked and I used the same email and password for all my streaming services so it would be easy to remember and that only place I used that password. I change the passwords to Safari's recommended password of 10 random numbers, letters, and symbols. A year down the road my Netflix has hacked again and I have allowed Safari to change that password every 90 days.

I set all my credit card accounts that if a charge is over 1.00 to text me. I also have a service to monitor my credit reports and report any hits on credit checks. The only other place I have become a victim of fraud is my Medicare Bills and seems the charges are being slipped in that shouldn't be there. I need a walker after surgery and was presented with purchase for 179.00 or a rental of 75.00 per month. I was told I need for 3 months so it was cheaper to purchase it. Well, 6 months later I found that they charge 179.00 and still were charging a 75.00-month rental fee. I brought it to their attention and was told they would stop charging the rental fee. When I ask for a refund for the 6-month rental they told me that what I care I wasn't going to get the money it was just going to get refunded to Medicare.

All you can do is monitor you affiars and react to any fraud the best you can.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:07 PM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
My Netflix got hacked and I used the same email and password for all my streaming services so it would be easy to remember and that only place I used that password. I change the passwords to Safari's recommended password of 10 random numbers, letters, and symbols. A year down the road my Netflix has hacked again and I have allowed Safari to change that password every 90 days.

I set all my credit card accounts that if a charge is over 1.00 to text me. I also have a service to monitor my credit reports and report any hits on credit checks. The only other place I have become a victim of fraud is my Medicare Bills and seems the charges are being slipped in that shouldn't be there. I need a walker after surgery and was presented with purchase for 179.00 or a rental of 75.00 per month. I was told I need for 3 months so it was cheaper to purchase it. Well, 6 months later I found that they charge 179.00 and still were charging a 75.00-month rental fee. I brought it to their attention and was told they would stop charging the rental fee. When I ask for a refund for the 6-month rental they told me that what I care I wasn't going to get the money it was just going to get refunded to Medicare.

All you can do is monitor you affiars and react to any fraud the best you can.
The fact that they were ripping off Medicare doesn't surprise me. I wonder what they would have had to say that you were going to contact Medicare about it.

And I try to watch everything too, but...
Old 08-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
The fact that they were ripping off Medicare doesn't surprise me. I wonder what they would have had to say that you were going to contact Medicare about it.

And I try to watch everything too, but...
Yes, you have a great big but -- I mean yes there lot that can happen and you need to be alert. LOL

I did report it to Medicare and it was settled as a new clerk input incorrectly into the computer. Case Closed. A walker that looks like the one I got for 179 and Medicare paid for is 39.95 on Amazon.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:45 PM   #6

If I am part of the T-MOBILE hack, it will be the 7th time I have been compromised. I got the 6th notice just weeks ago. Nothing a person can do to stop the bleeding when it comes to this. No one is accountable.
bizzerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote