RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi.1014 View Post
For those of you with a "service address" in the NY/NJ area but receiving NYC channels when you RV nationwide, is PBS one of those channels?
It has been several months, so forgive me if I get this wrong... But my mother loves a whole bunch of PBS shows and has watched a lot of them for years... So I'm going to say the answer is yes.

It wasn't PBS13 I don't think - but there WAS a PBS in the bunch.

geordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2020, 01:57 AM   #128

The ATT DNS department said a new application has to be filed. If approved Directv can provide DNS service for NBC, CBS and Fox. There is no DNS anymore for ABC and CW. Not sure about PBS. We've had DNS for 15 years but they said new applications were needed due to the Stelar Act. Apparently RV's are allowed again. The email address for more information is:ATTDNS@amcustomercare.att-mail.com

Changing the service address may be an easier option to get East or West Conus beams but ATT is making it impossible to change the service address without a move.

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #129
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
For those of you with a "service address" in the NY/NJ area but receiving NYC channels when you RV nationwide, is PBS one of those channels?
We still get a pbs channel (389).

We do not use NY as our service address, this came with the DNS service.
2020 Jeep Wrangler toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 PM   #130

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Radioman. I emailed the DTV address you provided this morning and got this reply this afternoon. I'm a happy camper.

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in subscribing to our broadcast network
service for your mobile vehicle. We offer our mobile vehicle customers
DNS (distant network signal) programming of CBS, FOX and NBC network
feeds from New York or Los Angeles, along with a PBS feed. Sad News ABC
and CW will no longer be part of DNS (distant network signal).

In order to process your application for Mobile DNS services, please
send a copy of the following accomplished forms to
ATTDNS@amcustomercare.att-mail.com using JPEG, IMG, JPG or PDF. The
maximum attachment size is 3mb.

1. Photocopy of your vehicle registration form(s)
2. Mobile Vehicle Declaration of Intent form (form enclosed)
3. Photocopy of commercial driver's license (if requesting service for a
commercial vehicle)
4. Application for a New Mobile Vehicle Account form (form enclosed)

Kindly send us as well Directv account, service phone number and
complete service address associated on the account.

Our goal is to provide a premium effortless entertainment experience
delivered anywhere. If you have any other questions,
we can be reached online at directv.com or by phone at 1-800-531-5000
from 8AM to 10PM daily.

Sincerely,

Narcing/NA039E
AT&T Entertainment Group

End Quote.

If interested in reinstating DNS, I'd write to ATT at the email Radioman provided. Seems like ATT is being helpful in this matter.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #131

They are and they're not. Just went through this, got them one night then the next morning we had nothing. Fought with them for two days, then finally got service back for our Genie, but still working on getting our second TV connected. They say we need a new access card, should be here in another day of so. Interested to see if it works or not, still can't understand how one can get re-activated with the old card, but the second can't.
All I can say is that AT&T/DirecTV have so many broken links on their Wed site that it's almost unusable.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:27 AM   #132

If interested in reinstating DNS, I'd write to ATT at the email Radioman provided. Seems like ATT is being helpful in this matter.[/QUOTE]

Beware of the DNS department when they call you back. Yes, I was eligible again for DNS (after 15 years of service). And yes, the new service did not include ABC and CW. But here's the kicker. They said I would have to formally close my DTV account and open a new account. Although the new account would NOT be a new contract, it would cancel any special discounts currently receive. We receive loyalty and HBO discounts. This was non negotiable. So I passed on the DNS and asked the rep to escalate my issue to a supervisor.
We'll see what happens.

Joe

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #133

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jay/Peggy, I need clarification on your "We still get a pbs channel (389). We do not use NY as our service address, this came with the DNS service."

Yup. Before ATT/DTV cancelled my DNS, I too received PBS on channel 389. But with DNS cancelled, I had to contact ATT/DTV to turn-on my locals...at which point 389 died. Now PBS is now among those "locals".

Can you clarify your current status as to PBS is on 389 but you are getting "locals" somewhere other than NYC? Perhaps these is no PBS among your local channels...thus 389 still works for you.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #134

i am getting channel 389, however we never watch it. LA is the DNS
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:38 PM   #135

Channel 389 is PBS
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:55 AM   #136
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We get channel 389 as part of our DNS, New York feed.
2020 Jeep Wrangler toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #137

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hi Robi,

As of a couple of hours ago, I can confirm the following channel reception with a service address at Liberty Harbor RV Park, 11 Marin Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07302 and the coach parked near Woodbridge, VA:

Name:   Reception.JPG
Views: 2
Size:  34.7 KB

The fact that channels 9 - 68 aren't receivable in the Woodbridge, VA area would suggest to me that Woodbridge, VA is outside the footprint of any NYC spot broadcast and that the reception of the other NYC "local" channels is from a nationwide broadcast satellite signal.

It looks, to me, like you won't be able to receive any PBS by simply using a NYC area service address, unless you're parked somewhere near NYC.

Also, on channel 390-9 INFO, this is displayed:
Click image for larger version

Name:	390-9 INFO.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	291723

Take care,
Stu
"Fly Navy"
Old 07-02-2020, 06:32 PM   #138

I'm confused. Can you actually watch the channels in the 390s? The grid you posted said YES but you get a message on your screen that says it's not available? Maybe I don't understand what the YES means. (I don't have any sort of grid like this, or a screen that comes up about the channel being unavailable because of STELAR.)
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #139

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I'm confused. Can you actually watch the channels in the 390s? The grid you posted said YES but you get a message on your screen that says it's not available? Maybe I don't understand what the YES means. (I don't have any sort of grid like this, or a screen that comes up about the channel being unavailable because of STELAR.)
Hi oatmeal,

Sorry to be confusing.

I created the "grid" in an attempt to show which channels I was able to receive. Green - yes; red - no. Sorry if it confused you.

I thought it was clear that yes, I can view all the green channels. There is also the info on Channel 390-9 INFO. I have no idea why DirecTV is displaying that info on 390-9. Just reporting the facts. That display gives a website and a phone number. Feel free to go down that rabbit hole. I choose not to go there.

Any green channels were viewable at 10 this morning, including 390, 392, 396 and 398. Not 389.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Take care,
Stu