Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's great! Glad to hear, and hope the map update goes well. Do you think you will be able to move it to a place where you won't have to disassemble your dash to access it in the future?
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:41 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
That's a great idea. I'll look into it.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Success! I was finally able to update the maps to 2017.
Make sure you update the firmware to 4.2 first. That's a free download from Garmin.

I found a guy in FL that had the 2017 map update for older Garmin systems (and his prices are very reasonable). It's installed on a 2gb SD card that installs into the KNA-G510. However, when you turn the GPS power on, it still goes to the old maps.

Here's the trick. Connect a USB cable to the KNA-G510 (there's a USB slot right next to the SD card slot). When you turn the 510 power on with a USB cable connected, it will ask if you want to choose Garmin, or memory. Choose the right option, memory. Using a laptop connected to it I removed the old map file from internal memory. I probably could have right clicked and changed the name on the old file and left it, but now I have memory space for other things like different voices and symbols. Now when I turn the power on, it pulls the new map file from the SD card (the SD card must stay in the unit).

Screen shot of new map file on the Kenwood LZ-702W touchscreen connected to the hidden Garmin KNA-G510. .
Old 01-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Photobucket is getting unusable.
Reposting the 2017 maps picture

Old 05-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Awesome! I have an older 510 in my motorhome glad to see it can still be updated.

If you wouldn't mind could you share the guys info so I could purchase the update from him.

Thanks
Dustp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased the map update from eBay seller tuga747 (link below). I do not currently see any map updates for sale, but you should be able to message him and request one. If you follow my instructions in the thread it will work great.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/tuga747?ul_noapp=true
Old 05-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you! I was starting to look into replacement units, glad I am able to update this one.
Dustp115 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, gps, monaco