Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LED 1141 Replacements - Good Price

I found this deal on Amazon for 10 of the 1141 base bulbs (which is what all my overhead NON-fluorescent bulbs are) for a great deal.

Also, these are 250 lumens. A regular 1141 bulb is around 400 lumens. The ones I bought at CW were 145 lumens and there was a 6 pack for 84.99 I thought was a great deal until I started looking closer into the lumens and the pricing. The 145 lumens are ok in some areas of KC, but definitely need about double that in a few areas, so I was looking at the lumens and found this. I believe it to be a great deal and placed an order...

HQRP 10-Pack 3W 250 Lumen BA15s Bayonet Base 18 LEDs SMD LED Bulbs Cool White for #93 1141 1156 1073 1093 1129 Replacement plus HQRP UV Tester : Amazon.com : Automotive

at around 8-9 bucks each (with shipping and taxes), its a whole lot more affordable that 15-20 bucks each.

Hope this helps !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like a good deal on bulbs. Have you tried them out for brightness and color? I am also looking for replacement bulbs for my vanity lights over the bathroom sink. Have you found anything for that?
Don
Old 06-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use these ones in my Bounder, they're 5 watt 450 lumens and work great for $6 each

https://dx.com/p/1156-5w-102-smd-led...r-dc-12v-51373
95f5334j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donhoward49 View Post
Looks like a good deal on bulbs. Have you tried them out for brightness and color? I am also looking for replacement bulbs for my vanity lights over the bathroom sink. Have you found anything for that?
Don
Hi Don,
I can highly recommend a company called M4products.
12v Vanity Globe replaces 20-99 Warm White Color - M4 Products

I've replaced a bunch of interior lights with their LED replacements. Very good prices and also very high quality. I had one order snafu which demonstrated to me they also have very high integrity. I see they just came out with the 1141 / 1159Vanity Lightin either cool or warm white for $15.99. This is a good looking 2" diameter frosted globe. Their products will tolerate a wide voltage range. I'll place another order with them just as soon as DW says $ ok. <grin> The LED upgrage cost are expensive but it's amazing how much less power is needed and how much less heat is generated. All the light I could want on in the coach now and it's like having only one of my old G-4 halogen bulbs on. Don't boon-dock a lot but when we do it's a comfort not being concerned about interior illumination.

Regards,
Tom Terrific & his wonder wife Melody
Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95f5334j View Post
I use these ones in my Bounder, they're 5 watt 450 lumens and work great for $6 each

https://dx.com/p/1156-5w-102-smd-led...r-dc-12v-51373
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did try out the ones from CW, the 1141 base bulbs and they are only 145 lumens, not enough for some areas.

95f has got an even better deal!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I just bought my led bulbs also from M4 products. Many bulbs to choose from with a very imformative website.
RV Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I just ordered these LED bulbs on eBay. Once I have installed them I will post back with a review. At this price it was worth trying them. At the Syracuse Rally we just attended distributors wanted up to $20 for each bulb. Crazy!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I forgot to post back the results of my purchase on Chinese made LED bulbs. Bought ours over a year ago and getting good service from them. When you hold your had up close to them the light looks yellowish on your skin. However, when you move your hand away the light is fine.

They are definitely brighter than the old halogen bulbs, eliminates the heat problem, and have lasted over a year thus far.

Why pay the extra expense when there are so many to replace. We have 22 in the living/kitchen room areas alone.

Dave