Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #1

I have an '05 Alpine with the factory installed LCD tv, sound system, and Direct TV unit. The system has been overly complex and a pain in the *&%$ since new. I'm inclined to finally trash the entire system and start over. Any Southern California recommendations for a motorhome A/V "expert" to do a new system? All the "experts" I've used before have only cost me lots of $$$ with poor results. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was in the biz for 23 years, specifically 12V, you will need to investigate shops in your area that specialize in mobile A/V. Be VERY picky and a good shop will be VERY proud of there work and should have portfollios for you to look at. They should also ask you to bring in the coach and will "walk" the system changes or mods they they need to do. They will not be cheap, and dont jump at the first shop, unless you get a warm, fuzzy feeling. 12V shops that are good will have a loyal customer base that should be able to be contacted for a recomendation. When I was in the biz, we specialized in RV's. Mainly because I was an RVer, RV's are a special vehicle and require a special installer/shop to work on them. Take your time and investigate....good luck, hope this helps. I've been out of the scene for to long to recomend anyone.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an idea, give Alpine Electronics a cal @ (800) ALPINE-1 (1-800-257-4631) and explain what you are looking to do. They may be able to recomend a shop in your area.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #4

Thanks for help...