Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #1

Magnadyne Radio - where to get parts?

Greetings,
I have a 2002 Fleetwood Storm (30' Class A) with a Magnadyne cassette radio in it and just bought a used Magnadyne M1-CD to put in it instead. The used one didn't come with the wiring connector that plugs into the back and I need a 1.5 DIN mounting sleeve.

I am having a pretty tough time finding these parts online - or even if they exist... does anyone have a good source for Magnadyne parts?

Thanks,
Neil
neo102470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Neil, Try here.

Magnadyne

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Replaced mine with a JVC, don't remember cost but think it was about $100

Click image for larger version

Name:	MH help 003 [640x480].JPG
Views:	103
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	6207
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #4

Hey, Wizard - any interest in selling the mounting sleeve and harness that plugs into the back of your Magnadyne? It appears to be a 1.5 DIN opening... I'd have to see the connector to make sure it's the same. PM me if interested.

Yea, I went to the Magnadyne site first. No dealers anywhere near me. Since Magnadyne is such a 'fringe' supplier and all the dealers that show up further away are typical auto custom shops (window tint, alarms, remote starters, etc.), I'm not confident any of them will know what I need since I don't see a harness on the Magnadyne site that is specifically for the M1-CD - although the M9900 chassis appears to be the same... I feel I need to know exactly what part number I need before I call any of these auto customizers.

I need the mounting sleeve and (more importantly) the wire harness that plugs into the back of my M1-CD. I checked my RV last night and it's a M9850 cassette unit w/ a different connector going in than what I need. The M9850 has a flat connector w/ all pins in a row while my M1-CD has two rows of pins and is much narrower than the single row on the M9850.

As for replacing the Magnadyne with a more well known unit - I like having weather band and I think the one in my RV sounds very good so I didn't feel changing makers was necessary. Plus I got my M1-CD for a steal!

Thanks.
neo102470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, I only posted the change as I too ran into so much problems getting Magnadine parts and info. Good luck on your search, I usually save everything but didn't find any parts from the one I removed. After thinking back, I made the change while on the road in Wyoming. In my younger years, I owned a radio and tv repair shop so I usually would rather repair than replace and especially if you find something you like, stick with it.

Mine was not a true 1.5 DIN opening, had to make some mods. The shelve you see is just part of the adapter plate that was the closest thing I could find. I really didn't want to cut the dash to make the opening bigger asw like I stated, we was on a trip when the old one quit.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:59 AM   #6

Rots o' Ruck...

The factory appears to deal ONLY with dealers or authorized shops, not the public. Being an ex-radio shop guy in a past life I talked my way in the door I think because I didn't appear as a typical PITA customer (to them). If I were you I'd think about a nice Alpine.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote