Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Millenicom to Verizon and data usage ???

For those of you that originally had internet usage through Millenicom and have switched direct to Verizon now. When you go to My Verizon do you show any data usage?? I have called Verizon and been told all I have to do is go to My Verizon to check data usage. Mine reads "0" and it can't be.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I can go on verizon wireless on line, log onto my account and view my usage. It shows used and Data left.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
I can go on verizon wireless on line, log onto my account and view my usage. It shows used and Data left.
Mine just shows 0.0 KB of 0 used.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I think you are just looking at the "Overview" of your usage. When I look at that mine shows "0" data usage also. If you click on "Data" in the horizontal menu and then scroll down you will see a detailed day-to-day log of your data usage that is downloadable to a spreadsheet.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
I think you are just looking at the "Overview" of your usage. When I look at that mine shows "0" data usage also. If you click on "Data" in the horizontal menu and then scroll down you will see a detailed day-to-day log of your data usage that is downloadable to a spreadsheet.
Yes I also see the day to day log, am I suppose to add these all up to get my total used to date?? According to Verizon I am suppose to see the total used and total left of my 20 gb limit.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #6

I called Verizpn about this yesterday. The lady said that they have a problem on there end and will have it fixed next month. In the mean time she said to call them to get your usage.
Woody2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2 View Post
I called Verizpn about this yesterday. The lady said that they have a problem on there end and will have it fixed next month. In the mean time she said to call them to get your usage.
Ditto. Made the same call a couple of days ago. They said they had to check on it, and I was called back later and was told the exact same thing.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #8

My Verizon app

If you have a smartphone or a tablet (like an iPad), you can download the free My Verizon app which will let you know how much data you're using.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #9

I also switched to the 20 gb $99 plan on Verizon from Millenicom.

Well I received an email today saying I was at 90% of my data limit! Like you, I checked my data usage on MyVerizon and saw 0 gb used. But when I hit the Data button and looked at the day-to-day log, it only added up to about 5 gb. I also checked my Pepwave SOHO router which said I had used about 9 gb on the Pantech USB.

I called Verizon and she said there is a glitch with the system, presumably referring to the zero gb summary number. She also said she didn't understand why I would have received a warning email. She notated my account and said I would not be charged for overage (but I don't believe this).

Then, a few hours later I received another warning email - this time saying I had used all of my data for the month! Clearly there is a problem with their data counting. I am using data, but not that much in 10 days!

We'll see what happens when the bill comes. It will not be pretty.
Hertzberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:15 AM   #10

I just checked mine and it works.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #11
tjd

I have tried calling Verizon twice now to make the switch on the data plan and after waiting 30 minutes on the first call and 62 minutes on the second call I just hung up.

At least my box is still working. My data has yet to be cut off even though I have not gotten through to Verizon. I will try again tomorrow but in the am. Maybe I will be able to get through in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #12
tjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertzberg View Post
I also switched to the 20 gb $99 plan on Verizon from Millenicom.
I read online that if you agree to a one year contract with Verizon they will honor the $89 a month for the year. The person did not know what would happen after that if it will go up to the $99 a month for 20GB. Did they offer you the $89 per month if you agreed to a one year commitment? Just wondering if what I read was true or not.

Here is where I read that.

Verizon Takes Over Millenicom Customers : EVDOinfo.com

UPDATE 10/27: Verizon has begun contacting customers and offering a new plan: 20GB of data for $99.99/mo, plus taxes, with $8/GB overage. If you sign a 1-year contract, they will give you a $10 discount, bringing the monthly cost down to $89.99 (plus taxes). After the contract is up, the monthly fee will go back up to $99.99. You will not need new equipment nor a new SIM! This is good news for customers who were concerned that Verizon's offering would be significantly worse than what they had with Millenicom - there were no taxes or overage fees with Millenicom, but this offer is not too far off. You can call Verizon at 800-233-8974 to discuss getting set up.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd View Post
I read online that if you agree to a one year contract with Verizon they will honor the $89 a month for the year. The person did not know what would happen after that if it will go up to the $99 a month for 20GB. Did they offer you the $89 per month if you agreed to a one year commitment? Just wondering if what I read was true or not.

Here is where I read that.

Verizon Takes Over Millenicom Customers : EVDOinfo.com

UPDATE 10/27: Verizon has begun contacting customers and offering a new plan: 20GB of data for $99.99/mo, plus taxes, with $8/GB overage. If you sign a 1-year contract, they will give you a $10 discount, bringing the monthly cost down to $89.99 (plus taxes). After the contract is up, the monthly fee will go back up to $99.99. You will not need new equipment nor a new SIM! This is good news for customers who were concerned that Verizon's offering would be significantly worse than what they had with Millenicom - there were no taxes or overage fees with Millenicom, but this offer is not too far off. You can call Verizon at 800-233-8974 to discuss getting set up.
I waited to call until late afternoon 10/31 because I wanted to allow things to quiet down and wanted to be able to take advantage of any of the "Double Data" deals that were being offered if they could save me money. I was connected to a Verizon Rep almost immediately. From all accounts, I was lucky. I did ask about the $89.99 1 year contract plan and was told it didn't exist and that there was a lot of mis-information that was floating around out here on the internet. Not too hard to believe. I didn't press the issue because I didn't really want a contract anyway. Since then I've heard other folks say that after the 11/8 deadline they were not able to get through to anyone on the 800-233-8974 number. FWIW, During my conversation with the Verizon CSR that handled my change-over he did mention that they were just a small special team of Verizon CSRs that were holed up in a small room in Bangor, ME and they were the only ones handling the Millenicom accounts.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #14
tjd

I did not call like I planned to but I got a second email today from Verizon at 3:00pm PST to call and get switched over to Verizon to avoid service Disruption. With the same 800 number so I guess it is still active. I will call first thing Monday and do the switch. Not happy to have to pay 99.00 a month now plus all the added taxes and fees.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
I waited to call until late afternoon 10/31 because I wanted to allow things to quiet down and wanted to be able to take advantage of any of the "Double Data" deals that were being offered if they could save me money. I was connected to a Verizon Rep almost immediately. From all accounts, I was lucky. I did ask about the $89.99 1 year contract plan and was told it didn't exist and that there was a lot of mis-information that was floating around out here on the internet. Not too hard to believe. I didn't press the issue because I didn't really want a contract anyway. Since then I've heard other folks say that after the 11/8 deadline they were not able to get through to anyone on the 800-233-8974 number. FWIW, During my conversation with the Verizon CSR that handled my change-over he did mention that they were just a small special team of Verizon CSRs that were holed up in a small room in Bangor, ME and they were the only ones handling the Millenicom accounts.

Tags
verizon