Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2022, 01:00 PM   #1

Mobile Must Have

I believe this is the first time in my 65 years that I have been frustrated with a service enough to post a watch out. Somehow this company had an issue with the wholesaler that they use to provide their AT&T data plans. I have been going back and forth with them for 7 days via email as they will not provide a phone number to speak to someone live. Now searching for a new internet provider but just a friendly warning to stay clear of this outfit if you do not want your grey hair to completely fall out. Just a brutal customer service experience.
Cmftblynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2022, 01:30 PM   #2

Never heard of them but I thought I might have been able to find a contact number on their website. Sorry, but I couldn't find it either.

I may be off base but their equipment and monthly data costs seem high. I'd bet you could find a more reliable set up for less.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:51 PM   #3

A lot of people, me included, have had good experiences with them. I’m not sure if this still works but a phone number is listed in their FB page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FE9DD981-4963-4E09-BE6E-202A5060748B.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	371067  
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:37 PM   #4

They would only supply live support if I were a “member” which I could understand if the issues I was experiencing with their service was not 100% due to their issue with their wholesale data supplier. I had used for over a year with no issues until their supplier did not pay ATT and the data SIM cards were deactivated. Certainly was not the least expensive data supplier but I knew that going in. Just a very strange practice to communicate to a customer paying a monthly fee for a service that we will only speak to you if you become a “member”. Oh well best of luck to those that use them, I posted here because I originally selected them based on good recommendations from this forum. Again just a watch out as others may be satisfied but one customer chose to move on.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:17 PM   #5

I bought a Pepwave router from them almost two years ago. I somewhat regret that now but that's another story, not the fault of MMH or Pepwave.

I bought an AT&T plan from them via their "data partner" at the same time. I only had it a month before I cancelled it and went on to try other things.

My understanding at the time was that for anything to do with the data plan, you had to contact the data partner, not MMH.

For what it's worth, the data partner was these guys https://www.ezmobiledata.com/ which I was able to figure out from the PayPal address.

If I was looking for a new AT&T plan today I would seriously consider the new 25 Mbps plan from the FMCA for $64.99 per month. It's limited to 25 Mbps but that's probably fast enough for most people. I think FMCA membership is $50 per year.
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:30 AM   #6

IMHO...... Mobile Must Have became a victim of their own success. Some of the criticism directed their way is completely valid & some, maybe not so much. When I initially talked to them, Dave must have spent over an hour on the phone talking about different hardware & data plan options. At the time, I was very impressed. Within months, one could only communicate with them via email. Any type of 'help' which required some degree of technical assistance seemed to only be available on a 'fee basis'.

I signed up with their data partner which offered an unlimited AT&T data plan & I will readily admit I was very satisfied & had no issues until the AT&T plan was no longer offered. Any refunds applicable were promptly refunded.
With regards to Peplink products. If you are considering acquiring a Peplink product, you need to understand their business model is such that 1st level support is provided by the seller of the equipment. Some sellers do a better job than others.

One should also perform an honest assessment of your technical skills as it relates to setting up a small LAN. You should also have a basic understanding of how cellular data plans really work on a cellular modem/router as compared to a cellular phone.
IMHO..... Peplink products are top notch. They have a very intuitive interface. If you have the correct data plan & there is a signal available; setup is a breeze. Many of the issues encountered can be attributed to an incorrect data plan.

With the loss of my AT&T data plan, I have been limited to RV Park provided WiFi and 2 low GB Verizon data plans. I live & work full time from my RV & have been looking for a replacement for the AT&T plan data. My son, some 15 miles east of me, is in an area where Starlink is available. For whatever reason, it's not yet available at my location, however, we have tested it on roaming & it works just fine here. It also works in other locations where the service is not available on the east coast. It is my intent to order one (Starlink), have it shipped to his address & use it here. My Peplink modem/router will then manage all the devices in the RV.
For the price difference in a 5G vs 4G modem with Peplink products, you can just about acquire the Starlink. Something for y'all to think about if you are in the market for internet connectivity.
lemodrop9344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:52 AM   #7

I wonder why people fool around with these so called resellers. Most are not dealing directly with ATT. Some are cheating on the rules. Why not just get a Starlink?? The monthly costs are more or less the same. The upfront costs are not that bad if you amortize that costs over a few years.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #8

Mobile internet is certainly not a refined product yet, we purchased a sim card from Verizon plugged it into the Pepwave and have internet. Is it a better or worse plan....it works and that is certainly a plus. I never knew the Mobile Must Have data plan was actually through another wholesaler and never really cared as long as when I went surfing I had a connection. The main frustration was them writing that they would only communicate with me live if I paid for their support plan. They refunded the pre-paid payment that they had just billed so in my opinion we are even with a little more grey hair from 7 days of frustration in dealing with them via back and forth emails. If my income depended on them supplying the internet service that I was pre-paying for after 7 days I would have really been upset. Life is too short...I moved on to another supplier and never really felt that it mattered to them so good/good in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:49 AM   #9

With regards to cellular resellers.....
I think one needs to take a look back in time to put some of the experiences in context. In my case, I went full time in December of 2019. Unless you had a 'grandfathered' unlimited plan of some sort, your cellular internet options were really very limited. At that time I could use my phone's hotspot or I could use the Sierra Wireless modem in my PC. Together, I had at my disposal around 65 GB's of data to consume in a 30 day billing cycle. If I was somehow lucky enough to be in a RV park with decent WiFi, I could use that.
In the next few weeks/months the world went to Hell with COVID. The demand for internet connectivity went through the roof, people were buying up RVs as fast as they could be produced, RV parks filled up and so on & so forth.
Cellular modems/routers became the device of choice for boaters & RV'ers that needed fairly reliable internet connectivity. Unfortunately, the cellular carriers were not as quick to pick up on that market & the resellers were there to fill the void. Some did a better job than others. Depending on when & the outfit you acquired your data plan from; you could have a good experience of an absolute miserable experience.
Fast forward to today's environment. Cellular carriers have adapted somewhat with their 'data only' offerings. They seem more focused on 5G hype, which is still not ready for prime time unless you are in a larger metropolitan area.

The technology continues to evolve. Starlink is a very welcome addition to what is available for the mobile community.
lemodrop9344 is offline   Reply With Quote