Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Mobley going belly-up. What are my options?

My Mobley is resetting itself every few minutes, making it just about worthless. ZTE wants $69 and three weeks to fix it. They said that the Mobley is no longer supported by AT&T. What is the least expensive alternative to the Mobley? AT&T mentioned another device but the monthly bill would go way up! I've read where some of you changed to a different MiFi device using the same Mobley SIM card?

Right now I'm using my phone as a hotspot but that will get really expensive quickly!

Thanks for your advice!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 05:44 PM   #2

Buy an ATT branded ZTE router and put the Mobley SIM in it. No OBD II hookup, no time outs...
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #3

Many are transferring sim into netgear unite 4g lte mobile hotspots. I use the explore 815, but others will work. I did call ATT and got the puk for the card incase of future problems.
https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...as-pin-locked/
Old 06-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #4

When my Mobley started acting up before Memorial day, I transferred the SIM into a used 815S I bought off ebay. I had to call AT&T to get the PUK code, simply told them that the device had been accidentally locked (the truth as the Mobley reverted to factory default and wanted a PIN code to boot) and I needed the PUK to unlock, after they did the basic ID confirmation stuff, asked my mailing address, etc. the guy gave me the PUK1 and in case I needed it PUK2 codes.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #5

To transfer my Sim card from my original Mobley to my spare Mobley and make it work I needed to get the PUK codes from AT&T, then I changed the PIN # using a device called the Delkart sim card reader. When you say your Mobley keeps resetting every few minutes what exactly is it doing? I have found doing a manual factory reset on the Mobley helps if it's brain gets scrambled and it starts slowing down to a crawl.
gladu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladu2 View Post
To transfer my Sim card from my original Mobley to my spare Mobley and make it work I needed to get the PUK codes from AT&T, then I changed the PIN # using a device called the Delkart sim card reader. When you say your Mobley keeps resetting every few minutes what exactly is it doing? I have found doing a manual factory reset on the Mobley helps if it's brain gets scrambled and it starts slowing down to a crawl.
Hi Mike! Yes, sometimes it will reset every few minutes, and sometimes it may go for an hour or so. One of the green lights goes off and I lose connection. About a minute later the light comes back on and service is restored.

I did the factory default and it didn't make any difference.

I just got off the phone with AT&T and got the PUK codes!
Old 06-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
Buy an ATT branded ZTE router and put the Mobley SIM in it. No OBD II hookup, no time outs...
What is the model number of that router and where can I get it?
Old 06-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Many are transferring sim into netgear unite 4g lte mobile hotspots. I use the explore 815, but others will work. I did call ATT and got the puk for the card incase of future problems.
https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...as-pin-locked/
I got the PUK codes from AT&T. What is involved in switching to the 815S Netgear router?
Old 06-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I got the PUK codes from AT&T. What is involved in switching to thie 815S Netgear router?
Don't know now, I just moved sim from Mobley to Netgear about a year ago with no problems. Leave Netgear plugged in so it never shuts down.
https://www.att.com/esupport/article...771?gsi=l4slq5
If you watch video in this link, It tells you what to do if sim locks up in new device.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I just ordered a refurbished Netgear 815S off E-Bay. Sure hope somebody can walk me through getting it going.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I just ordered a refurbished Netgear 815S off E-Bay. Sure hope somebody can walk me through getting it going.
Shouldn't be a problem, unlike the Mobley, the 815 has an actual screen that you can scroll through to see different settings.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
I just went onto the AT&T website to try and get PUK, following instructions noted above.
There is no section for “get PUK” that I can find.
Not sure if that’s because the only item I have with AT&T is the mobley or not.
Any suggestions?
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:46 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
This is exactly what I did, bought this one from amazon went down to AT&T store, told the guy at the counter I needed a new SIM card, somehow my old one wasn't working. Guy handed me a new sim card, typed the SIM ID # into the system, said your all good, cya. Have not had any issues in a year now, still only pay the $22/month that I always did with the Mobley, but now have a 100 times better Wifi radio.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:48 PM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
I just went onto the AT&T website to try and get PUK, following instructions noted above.
There is no section for “get PUK” that I can find.
Not sure if that’s because the only item I have with AT&T is the mobley or not.
Any suggestions?
I spent a lot of time calling different numbers before getting someone willing to help me. I think the number I finally used was 800-331-0500. Some guy in Kentucky answered. I don't remember the option I selected after calling the number, but Mobley is not one of them!