Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2017, 08:01 AM   #1

Need new entertainment receiver little help please

Our current Bose Lifestyle 38 B (3) is not working well and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what model will work for replacing ours and still be able to use all functions current receiver does? I haven't been able to find one like ours on ebay or any other site? New system is big time spendy. Just need to replace the receiver (entertainment). Thanks in advance for any help.

safe travels
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #2

is this it?
Bose AV38 Media Center - For Lifestyle 38 & 48 - With Remote & Power Supply | eBay
Old 06-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #3

receiver

That sure looks like it from the back. My front is a little different but it looks like it should work. Thanks so much for your help.

safe travels
Old 06-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #4

Receiver

Ok I purchased the receiver. It is exactly like mine, good news--bad news darn th is doing same thing as old one?? The sound comes off and on, now only coming out of one speaker? The receiver will turn completely off then come back on by itself. When I talked to Sony tech he said to unplug receiver and power to subwoofer to reset. Did that no help. It's like power is turned off to receiver. I plugged into different outlet , same thing. Other than wires going to subwoofer is there any wires going anyplace? Is it possible bad subwoofer is causing my problem? Very f
Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #5

In your first post on this topic it was suggested that you cover the IR receiver with a pice of black tape. I have seen ambient light coming through the windows do weird things to devices with IR control.

Did you try that?
starneml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #6

Sony

I am pretty sure or is not problem. Nothing changed on last 4 years and it worked fine. Replaced entire entertainment system same problem. Now only have sound from one speaker. Now think by sheer elemination it has to be something to do with subwoofer or connections to it. I don't know how the entertainment systems hooks to subwoofer. I assume just two wires? Not sure how subwoofer is causing system to shut down sound or change inputs unless it is cutting power off to entertainment system and it is resetting itself?? Any thoughts appreciated guys.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
I am pretty sure or is not problem. Nothing changed on last 4 years and it worked fine. Replaced entire entertainment system same problem. Now only have sound from one speaker. Now think by sheer elemination it has to be something to do with subwoofer or connections to it. I don't know how the entertainment systems hooks to subwoofer. I assume just two wires? Not sure how subwoofer is causing system to shut down sound or change inputs unless it is cutting power off to entertainment system and it is resetting itself?? Any thoughts appreciated guys.
My guess is that you have a speaker wire shorted. Check all speakers to make sure they are properly wired. Sometimes a shorted speaker wire can bring down the whole system. Try disconnecting the subwoofer and connect the right and left speakers only. Then add speakers one by one until the problem shows up again. But I really think it is a short in the output section of your amp.( speakers)
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote