Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Netgear Nighthawk

My Netgear Nighthawk (MR1100) just died, it won’t even boot up. I been using the SIM card out of my Mobley for a couple of years now. Is there a better router available that will work, or should I buy another Nighthawk?
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2022, 08:13 PM   #2

Have you tried removing the battery, letting it set for 1 minute, reinstalling the battery and firing it up. Fixes a lot of problems.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:29 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Have you tried removing the battery, letting it set for 1 minute, reinstalling the battery and firing it up. Fixes a lot of problems.
Yep, same thing on battery or external power. The display comes on, the amber light comes on for about 15 seconds, goes off and repeats 3 or 4 times then nothing.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:11 PM   #4

I realize this is a huge pain in the butt to do because you have to reset passwords, SSID and other things, but have you tried the factory reset?
There is a small hole on the bottom of the unit, between the battery and the Plug in holes. It should be labeled as RESET. You'll need a paperclip or some other stiff pin to lightly push on the button. You should feel it click. Don't push too hard, the reset switch isn't meant for daily pressing. IF if comes back to life, check to see if there are any security (operational?) updates available!

Retired Robotics Technician USAF DAV > May the Mass X Acceleration be with you!!<
Parafango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dennis! My MR1100 is still chugging along with the Mobley card! If it quits I will probably get another MR1100, but then I'm not really familiar with other units that will work with the Mobley SIM.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafango View Post
I realize this is a huge pain in the butt to do because you have to reset passwords, SSID and other things, but have you tried the factory reset?
There is a small hole on the bottom of the unit, between the battery and the Plug in holes. It should be labeled as RESET. You'll need a paperclip or some other stiff pin to lightly push on the button. You should feel it click. Don't push too hard, the reset switch isn't meant for daily pressing. IF if comes back to life, check to see if there are any security (operational?) updates available!
Yep, tried that, no chnage. Ordered a replacement unit, should be here today or tomorrow.