Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #1

Nomad Internet Support

Anyone else have their Nomad internet stop working on March 1, 2021? When I got on the chat on the Nomad site I was informed they were flagged by AT&T for excess usage (this was their Blue plan that is no longer offered).. Cannot wait until Skylink is available for us,

Nomad service and support is nonexistent....
no phone number to call and nothing but excuses... response we get from Nomad via email is "we will update you on your replacement router/SIM card in 24 hours".. well needless to say 24 hours passed with no update...

worst part is we have to leave on a two week work trip tomorrow and without internet we will lose income... explained this to the chat person on Nomad and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.. guess I need to send them an invoice for the income I will lose to see if that will get anyones attention..
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2021, 04:23 PM   #2

Not to throw bricks at you but Nomad was an unauthorized reseller of AT&T services and subject to being cut off at any time. If you go to rvmobileinternet.com Chris and Cherie will fill you in on all of the plans authorized and otherwise. They were saying a number of months ago that this was probably going to happen. Sorry you got taken in by Nomad, but you aren't the only one. Good luck finding a new service.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #3

Really sorry to hear that, Gus.

For a "right-now-today" solution I imagine you'll have to go down to the store. I have experience with AT&T and Verizon and have been watching tmob

If you have a tax ID number, you can swing by the AT&T store and get hooked up with a business account on the spot, around $100 per month, unlimited on the device and 100Gb of tethering. Which isn't bad. Haven't been able to bust that limit yet. I was able to get them to swap SIMs in my cellphone, I don't know if they will swap SIMs in your router (did you buy or lease?) Works most places, not quite as snappy as verizon but for the $ I'm happy with it

My wife was able to get a hotspot added on to her Verizon account the same day, walked out of the store with the device. Since she already had a line, adding one was only $15/mo but it only has 30Gb of data, I haven't busted through that on the computer but it wouldn't take much Netflix to gum it up and when Verizon says "stop" they mean "stop." They tend to have excellent coverage.

I see tmob is showing us a little love, they have a new 55+ plan that says "unlimited," who knows what they mean by that. So the challenge is to be close enough to civilization to have coverage, but not so close as to have congestion. 40GB hotspot data is better than nothing, and they pay your netflix bill for ya.

Which is probably where nomad is going, don't be surprised if they send you a tmob sim, although that's not gonna help you tomorrow. Goodness! It's always something with this hobby

Hit us up if you need anything, I can walk you through android stuff, in particular setting up chromecast from an unlimited phone is a little tricky but not terribly difficult, just let us know. I will say, I find android WAY easier to deal with than my wife's iPhone, just saying
Old 03-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #4

Arcsguy. LOL. Just remember bricks fly both ways lol

Like I stated, we are gonna really be glad when Starlink is mobile ready.

Nomad is a sponsor here so will be interesting to see if they jump in.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #5

Tampa Dave. Gonna go by the AT&T store tomorrow. We run multiple business so this may be the best fit. Thanks for the great information. That’s what this forum is about !!!.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS2000 View Post
Arcsguy. LOL. Just remember bricks fly both ways lol

Like I stated, we are gonna really be glad when Starlink is mobile ready.

Nomad is a sponsor here so will be interesting to see if they jump in.
I don't see Nomad after the "sponsored by" in the header banner anymore.
Aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:13 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS2000 View Post
Tampa Dave. Gonna go by the AT&T store tomorrow. We run multiple business so this may be the best fit. Thanks for the great information. Thatís what this forum is about !!!.
Because of your travel time frame -

Here are a couple of links / Plans that could help - Over the last couple of mts, I have used all - T-Mobile being the best current price. The I3mobile has been good for the week I've had it. The Cricket worked without issue but the price / data amount not great but can be purchased locally.

I3mobile ATT Internet Reseller - Review
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/i3mo...ew-526682.html

T-Mobile Mobile Internet 100GB for $50/mo Plan
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/new-...te-518409.html

Also Cricket has a 100 gb for $90
mike625 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:30 AM   #8

Was able to get setup on the AT&T Business plan (100gig for $100/month)... Nomad definitely is going to be upsetting alot of people as they do this more and more... still surprised they are a sponsor here as they do not believe in customer support!
Old 03-05-2021, 05:05 AM   #9

We had the same thing happen with our Nighthawk (AT&T sim) Out of the blue, our internet stopped working with an error message "SIM Not Provisioned".
A month of chat and still no replacement but they kept billing me. Then after 7 weeks, we received a new travel router and another bill. Had to email them to get the two months free and the credit for the Nighthawk, but finally received the credit.

New MIFI is with an AT&T sim and we shall see how well it works. May be making a trip to the AT&T store soon. Our skypro has a AT&T sim and works fine but we only have the 22G plan now.
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:49 AM   #10

I ordered a Visible phone as a backup and will tether that to our Spruce router... will be good to have redundancy and share the bandwidth I think!

Tags
internet