Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OK, I know you are going to chuckle at me. HELP!

Oh great wizards of knowledge, I humbly come with a burning question...I am trying to reconfigure my TV/Audio and cant figure out how to get to the backside connections. :(

I've tried pulling lifting etc. and am fearful of breaking something. How do I get behind the TV without removing wood ??

How is the TV attached in both the Living and bedroom and how do I remove t hem?

2012 Dynaquest 390XL.

mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Those TVs are VERY heavy and likely will not lower down to floor, the bed, or a couch as part of removal without disconnecting most if not all cables first. It looks like the 2 TVs are both hard mounted to the walls behind them without ability to pivot or tilt. The discussion below assumes that - if they are mounted so they can pivot or tilt then dis-regard the 2 plates discussion below.

Best as a three person job - 2 to hold sides of TV and 1 to take cell phone pictures and label cables as they are removed so you can put them back like they were 3rd person can tie the cables with masking tape so they don't fall down and have to be fished out later, and can deal with issues like if there's an AC power cord that must be unplugged from an buried outlet before the TV can be moved.

If you get on a step ladder you will likely see a metal plate attached to the back of the TV with several screws into the wall thru the plate if you remove all of those screws then the TV will want to pivot away from the wall, you have to be ready and hold it when you remove the screws.

It is likely hooked into a 2nd plate lower on the wall that is screwed to the wall. You have to lift up the TV straight up about 3/4" to unhook the 2 plates then the TV will be free.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #3

I have seen wedge style mounts, were the plate on the TV slides down into a wide vee mount. If not used they can be tight to lift up.
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:47 PM   #4

On mine you lift it up about 2 inches then tilt the top away from the wall. Then you can lift it all out.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:00 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks. I believe the TV's have never been moved since installed. I tried lifting but got nowhere, so I am fearful of breaking something.

Good advice on looking down from the top didn't think of that.

mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote