Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 09:17 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Pepwave Max Transit & FMCA Sprint Plan

I am getting mixed signals if Max Transit DUO Cat 12 or Cat 18 modems will run with the FMCA Sprint Plan. I called 5G Store Pre Sales support and was told he thinks it will work and if doesn't we have a 200.00 restocking fee. I would like to hear from someone that has got to work.

I am almost at the point of using my Verizon and FMCA Sprint hotspots and do manual failover and load balancing.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
I am getting mixed signals if Max Transit DUO Cat 12 or Cat 18 modems will run with the FMCA Sprint Plan. I called 5G Store Pre Sales support and was told he thinks it will work and if doesn't we have a 200.00 restocking fee. I would like to hear from someone that has got to work.

I am almost at the point of using my Verizon and FMCA Sprint hotspots and do manual failover and load balancing.

I have the Cat 18 and use T-mobile, AT&T and Verizon Sims. I think Sprint set a date to turn off old accounts. I'm not sure. T-mobile works in anything. AT&T wanted the IMEI and it works great. Verizon was more difficult. The retail store would not give me a sim. I had to call customer support to add a note to my file telling the retail store to give me the Sim. Once I had the Sim, I called Customer service again to activate it in the Cat 18. If I move it, they send me an email.

PS - I had to sell my Allegro Bus and I'm selling all my other stuff including the Cat 18. I bought it this sum mer and used it for 2 months. Email me for more info at masterson100@gmail.com
rvtraveler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtraveler10 View Post
I have the Cat 18 and use T-mobile, AT&T and Verizon Sims. I think Sprint set a date to turn off old accounts. I'm not sure. T-mobile works in anything. AT&T wanted the IMEI and it works great. Verizon was more difficult. The retail store would not give me a sim. I had to call customer support to add a note to my file telling the retail store to give me the Sim. Once I had the Sim, I called Customer service again to activate it in the Cat 18. If I move it, they send me an email.

PS - I had to sell my Allegro Bus and I'm selling all my other stuff including the Cat 18. I bought it this sum mer and used it for 2 months. Email me for more info at masterson100@gmail.com
Thanks for the info. FMCA is sending out new SIMS from T-Mobile to replace the Sprint SIMS. What I understand there starting with the oldest ones working up to the newest accounts and since I only had mine for less than 2 months it may be a while.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:10 PM   #4

I have a new FMCA hotspot and a Pepwave duo (cat 12) and cannot get the sim to work in the Pepwave. I connect it via WiFi Wan and it works for me that way. Downside is that I have the hotspot battery to manage.

Would love to find a way to put the sim in the Pepwave and get it to work.
MemByTheMile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemByTheMile View Post
I have a new FMCA hotspot and a Pepwave duo (cat 12) and cannot get the sim to work in the Pepwave. I connect it via WiFi Wan and it works for me that way. Downside is that I have the hotspot battery to manage.

Would love to find a way to put the sim in the Pepwave and get it to work.
I got it to work in an older model Pepwave UBR but it was less than 7 on the speed test and 200 directly to the hot spot. The problem I had was it was ID the SIM as an ATT and took off AUTO and selected T-Moble to get to work. Just Slow.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:41 AM   #6

Your best source of information on what data plans will work with what Peplink products would be the Peplink forums.
Assuming you have the applicable data plans from your carrier (AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile) setting up the Peplink CAT-12 DUO or CAT-18 should be a plug in the SIM & power on the device with the default setting & it just works.
It's been my experience you want a 'data only' plan, not a telephone plan. If you can get to the 2nd level support folks, they can normally get you fixed up.
Good luck!
lemodrop9344 is offline   Reply With Quote