Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2020, 07:48 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Publishing on youtube

My love/hate relationship with the computer world continues. I wish to upload and publish a video that is presently recorded on my IPad of my musical efforts. Youtube help tells me to get the youtube app. Several on the App Store. I tried the studio app since it said I can publish and edit with it.

I watched the instructional video in the help section of the youtube site. It tells me to open the app and sign in to my channel. I have no idea what that means, but it does show me with my google info as a sign in having been done. It tells me on the help section to click on the camera at the top of the app. No camera appears no matter what i push. I have a dashboard in the app with nothing in it. Ditto any other sub menu I try.

I am back to my usual frustration with trying to do this “easy” stuff. Maybe easy for a three year old not so much for me. Help!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #2

I just tried on my desktop computer and apparently I have a YooToob channel already, although I've never "published" or uploaded anything.

{after making a fresh coffee} I kind of remember that the first time I tried to post a comment to a YT video, YT tried to make an "channel" for me under my GMail account name, which was no-go... so I never posted. Eventually I figured out how to change my channel name (wish I could tell you, but it was one of those "oh crap, it's *that* easy? things). I still haven't posted any content but after clicking on the little movie-camera with a + sign, it looks fairly simple to get it there.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

No idea what the "app experience" is like other than in general, I find apps frustrating and end up logging in with a computer and fixing whatever messes I've made.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:56 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
I just tried on my desktop computer and apparently I have a YooToob channel already, although I've never "published" or uploaded anything.

{after making a fresh coffee} I kind of remember that the first time I tried to post a comment to a YT video, YT tried to make an "channel" for me under my GMail account name, which was no-go... so I never posted. Eventually I figured out how to change my channel name (wish I could tell you, but it was one of those "oh crap, it's *that* easy? things). I still haven't posted any content but after clicking on the little movie-camera with a + sign, it looks fairly simple to get it there.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

No idea what the "app experience" is like other than in general, I find apps frustrating and end up logging in with a computer and fixing whatever messes I've made.
Finally some success. First, I would love to know where you found a little movie camera with the + sign. I have searched far and wide for it and never found it. All I remember is that 3 years ago I posted two videos on youtube and it was easy. Now, I find no way to do it except thru an app. It Took two different apps and much frustration. Finally got a test video on. DW watched it but guess what? She could not post a comment.

So, back into the apps and the actual online video, and after pushing every possible button, some so small you need a magnifying glass to see them, I finally got comments turned on. Not intuitive at all.

Because the only ones interested in me trying to play the mountain dulcimer (only been playing for 1 year), is immediate family, I may just go back to drop box and live within it’s small data limits. At least they make it easy and keep me from pulling out what little hair I have left.

Thanks again, and where was the camera + icon??