Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2021, 10:33 AM   #15

It’s there but it’s LIMITED!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7282.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	348414
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2021, 10:37 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
It’s there but it’s LIMITED!!!
Attachment 348414
Again, I do not want to update my Home area.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Hey, Captain Gizmo.
You have a doppelgänger in Arkansas. One of my close friends looks just like your profile pic. I had to do a double take at your pic. Very close. LOL
Old 11-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #18

If you have Roku or Amazon Fire TV
Also if you have a iPad, iPhone or android phone
Get the NewOn app
It has local new throughout the nation.
I always watch the news at a RV destination for about a week before a trip.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I have to work like doc to keep my home locals . It really depends on how you connect to the internet. If using a phone it can easily see you are traveling and just say yes I’m traveling. It will switch to where you are for locals and still let you watch “home” network programming you have marked for “recording “ but only after its completely played. Some land line connections it doesn’t know where you are and continues to provide the home networks This is what I fight to keep as after 90 days they go out totally, unless you log in from home or use a VPN to spoof a home log in. I need the home networks to be there as you can’t record travel out of area programs.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post

Yes. That’s why you select THIS IS TEMPORARY!!
Old 11-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Hey, Captain Gizmo.
You have a doppelgänger in Arkansas. One of my close friends looks just like your profile pic. I had to do a double take at your pic. Very close. LOL

Poor bastard. [emoji23]
Old 11-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Not sure if the type of streaming device matters, but here is my experience. I have the newer Google device in my coach they offered a few months back for YT TV people. Several Rokus are in my house. We just returned from the gulf in MS back to WI. I never changed any settings anywhere. Everyday at the new campground My locals would show under the ‘Home’ section ‘top picks for you’, BUT they were locked with a slash and would not play. When moving to the ‘Live’ section where the guide displays, it always showed the locals of where I was. Again, never changed anything. Got home and all my locals were back. BTW, DW and I like the sites’ local news in addition to weather to stay informed.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #23

Question For YouTube TV Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Usually I am working to maintain my home location when I exceed 90 days away. As I said, I have no interest in having temporary locations. JMO
I'm in the opposite position. My "home location" is Sioux Falls SD, where my PMB service is based. I'm a full-timer. I'm never in Sioux Falls. I have no interest in SD stations. I prefer local stations and YouTube detects that I'm traveling and gives them to me.

When I don't get back to my home area I'm forced to call customer service (about once every 6 months) to get reset.
KPMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Last summer while traveling the mid west , a total 3 month trip , I was getting warnings the week before I got home to Florida that I needed to log in at my “ home” for service to continue . I got back it time so I have no idea what would have happened if I didn’t. The “ rules “ give you 3 months away . Since then I have put in place the ability for one of my fire sticks to turn on remotely from HomeBase. I’m using cellular hotspots traveling with active gps so I had no issue most times with it knowing where I was asking if I was traveling ( yes) and giving me locals near me.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:16 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Call YouTube at 650.260.4000 and they will make the change.
mark2459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
To the folks having trouble with logging in at home base periodically. Have you thought about having an acquaintance back home login with your credentials for you? Seems like a simple solution.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Last summer while traveling the mid west , a total 3 month trip , I was getting warnings the week before I got home to Florida that I needed to log in at my “ home” for service to continue . I got back it time so I have no idea what would have happened if I didn’t.

Do you know anybody back in Florida? If so then give them your username and password and have them log in while you are logged off. Done.
Old 11-21-2021, 08:25 AM   #28

Quote:
This is for the YTTV subscribers who travel with your subscription.
We have been watching our home base local channels when on the road, but I have been thinking it would be nice to also get the local stations at the locations we go to, for weather and any local news that would be relevant to us.
I know I can switch to OTA and get them, but sometimes I have a way better internet connection than OTA.
I have heard about the possibility of temporarily switching the playback area to the current location. Furthermore, I believe this is different from switching the Home Area, which is more of a permanent change.
Has anyone done this with YTTV? Is it difficult to switch back once you get back to your home base?
We have had YTTV for a few years. Every time we travel, the app on my iPad asks if we are traveling and once I confirm, the channels switch to the local networks. It's always been automatic for us. I can't remember if it does the same on my laptop, but we usually cast to the TV's Chromecast through the iPad.
tdelong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr