Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #1

Replacement for Winegard razar

Anyone know of a replacement antenna for the Winegard razar ?
Mine is just over 2 years old, and with very limited use (coach has 4600 miles), and is caput with the dreaded E3 and HS errors. Winegard will not help, and say I should just buy another antenna from them.
Judging by the high number of occurrences of these fault codes, I would rather not pay another couple of hundred dollars for a system that may only last a month or two, so any help in finding a similar type of antenna, with a better track record would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #2

It's not quite the same, but the OA8500 KING Jack over-the-air antenna might work for you:

https://kingconnect.com/product/king-jack-antenna/

It's a directional antenna that picks up local HD channels. It has a signal finder built in, which makes aiming the antenna and getting the best signal much easier.
MyKINGProduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magredvet View Post
Anyone know of a replacement antenna for the Winegard razar ?
Mine is just over 2 years old, and with very limited use (coach has 4600 miles), and is caput with the dreaded E3 and HS errors. Winegard will not help, and say I should just buy another antenna from them.
Judging by the high number of occurrences of these fault codes, I would rather not pay another couple of hundred dollars for a system that may only last a month or two, so any help in finding a similar type of antenna, with a better track record would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Hi Magredvet,

I sent you a private message - can you please check your PM folder?
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by winegard View Post
Hi Magredvet,

I sent you a private message - can you please check your PM folder?
Thanks again PM sent
Old 04-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #5

Looks like Winegard, are going to step up to the plate, after all, thanks to member "winegard" on the forum.
I can only say thanks again, and really appreciate when a vendor is keen to keep a buyer (and now a potential future buyer) happy.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement