Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Satellite install and service Denver CO

Hi All..
I have a "New to Me" Travel Supreme motorhome we bought this Spring. The King Dome has never worked although the PO swears it did for him. It motors around and searches but never locks on./ I have called several RV shops but none of them seem too interested in even looking at it.
I have about given up on this dish... BUT, If I do go with a new Winegard Traveler I want to be sure that the shop is qualified and can get the thing to work properly with the 3 new flat screens that are in the coach.. Also may wish to use 2 DVR's so I can watch my stuff when I want to! Dr. Phil gets old after a while..
Does anyone out there know of a good shop/tech in the denver or surrounding area?
Thanks in advance for your help..
Ron Husak
Conifer, CO
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #2

Believe it or not, camping world can usually handle this task so you could probably get it done in Golden. I would just ask to speak with the Tech so you can decide if he looks up to the task and so he understands that you want dual recording capabilities We had one put on there a few years ago and all went well. If you want true High def and also in-motion. you will need two dishes up there, but they can explain all of that.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
Believe it or not, camping world can usually handle this task so you could probably get it done in Golden. I would just ask to speak with the Tech so you can decide if he looks up to the task and so he understands that you want dual recording capabilities We had one put on there a few years ago and all went well. If you want true High def and also in-motion. you will need two dishes up there, but they can explain all of that.
nforus..
I am scared to death of CW.. They jerked me around for 6 weeks on an awning replacement a couple of years ago.. Things may have changed since then.. But it left a really bad taste in my mouth and a unfinished Job.
Glad all went well for you..
Ron Husak
Conifer, CO
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #4

I had them put a dish on a coach for me 6 years ago,so they've gone downhill even more. Transwest In Frederick has a large facility and there's always a lot of coaches in there, they work on a lot of high end stuff including Prevost so they may have someone, also All-Stars RV has a good reputation with our manufacturer ( Newmar).

Small world!! we have a house in Conifer
Old 09-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

I was going to have my kingdome swaped to a travler on a new coach I was quoted over 1k ( labor only) at camping world of Tampa (yes just bought the coach from them) even though camping world advertises an install price of around $300.00 . They tried to give me a song and dance of how involved the install would be.I notified camping world corporate (no help) I installed it my selff took me 3 hours (including removing the kingdome) it is a very easy job.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Hi All..
I have a "New to Me" Travel Supreme motorhome we bought this Spring. The King Dome has never worked although the PO swears it did for him. It motors around and searches but never locks on./ I have called several RV shops but none of them seem too interested in even looking at it.
I have about given up on this dish... BUT, If I do go with a new Winegard Traveler I want to be sure that the shop is qualified and can get the thing to work properly with the 3 new flat screens that are in the coach.. Also may wish to use 2 DVR's so I can watch my stuff when I want to! Dr. Phil gets old after a while..
Does anyone out there know of a good shop/tech in the denver or surrounding area?
Thanks in advance for your help..
Ron Husak
Conifer, CO
Try this, call up a couple of local high end RV parks where big motor homes stay. Ask them if they know of a RV satellite service tech. A lot of times you will see them advertizing in their RV park publications and they are usually mobile and come to the site to service RV satellites. Here is an example of the service that I use here in the Houston area that I found in an RV park publication.

Sats2Go Mobile Satellite Sales and Service

I have seen similar operations advertizing to other parks as we travel. Good luck
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I own a TS and the factory installed KingDomes are totally out dated and will not work on HD. Please read and see the photos of what CW did on my installation of a new Traveler. Great sat dish setup, but my CW was NOT qualified to do the installation. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/fact...ml#post1727299
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camping world is under a new CEO and is trying to get away from these kind of posts. I had my new traveler dish installed at the CW in little rock Arkansas and it was done very well. The tech new what needed to be done ran new lines where he needed to and it has worked very well. It was 416.00 to install it and that included running one new line. If you get a dish network traveler it will need 3 output cables for it. The Directv HD version needs either 4 or 5 I do not remember which. My allegro bus had one to the front tv and one to the back. CW put a second line in at the front to allow me to run both tuners at the same time on my DVR
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
A blind man could install the TravLer satellite dish, they're that easy. Generally, the only difficult part for a lot of people is getting it on the roof. Since the dome is there, the TravLer will probably be even easier to do because the cable hole is already done.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Call Transwest Truck and RV in Frederick CO. They can do that work and have a great service center. They have done a great job on anything I have had them do.... Check them out...
800-909-7071

Transwest Truck Trailer RV of Frederick

Dave

Tags
install, satellite, service