Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #15

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Looking for a solution for satellite TV so all 3 TV’s work in my fifth wheel. I have a coaxial cable coming out of the wall under the living room TV (along with two more coaxial cables) that I connect to the back of my Wally box. The Wally box only has an HDMI connection to go to the TV so I connect the living room TV to the Wally box with an HDMI cable.

I’d like to get the other two TV’s up and running too. I believe the other two cables under the Livingroom TV must go to the other two TV’s. I’m not a tech guy so my question may sound dumb to someone who is but is there a splitter that I can plug into the HDMI port in the back of the Wally box that splits into three coaxial connection points to run coaxial to each of the three TV’s?

Thanks
The solution can be pretty simple for two TVs, a little more complicated for three. There are HDMI splitters that take one HDMI input and provide two outputs.You could take the HDMI output from your Wally and plug into the splitter input port and then plug an HDMI cable from each TV into the two splitter HDMI output ports.

I have not been able to find a 1 X 3 HDMI splitter. What I have done is: purchased the Dish receiver with two coax ouputs. I run one coax to the external Cable TV port (with the OTA amp bypassed), then run the inside coax to the Wally. I mounted the Wally on top of my DVD player in the cabinet over the microwave. I ran the HDMI output from both the DVD and Wally to an HDMI switch with capability for three inputs and one output. That allows me to select whether I want satellite or DVD to the TV. Then, I run that single output to the HDMI splitter that sends the same output to both my main TV in the galley and the outside TV. For the bedroom TV, I'm adding a separate external coax port and will hook the second Dish coax to it, then run it directly to the second Wally that is in the cabinet behind the bedroom TV. So, I can get different Dish channels on the bedroom than I have on the galley and outside, but cannot get different channels at the same time on the galley and outside. If none of that works, I'll go outside and watch the squirrels and birds and pretend like I am really camping.
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #16

Here is what I did with my Wally.
As you know, the Wally only has HDMI and RCA style connectors. An HDMI interface and an output for audio and video (Red, White and Yellow) connectors.
Connect the Wally via HMDI to main TV. Your TV will now have HD TV. This assumes that you have a HDTV.
Buy a RCA Compact RF Modulator (CRF907A, Amazon) and connect the Wally RCA plugs to the modulator.
Connect the modulator output to the old cable / satellite input (main input to preamp). Select the modulator output to channel 3 and turn off the antenna preamp. Your other TV should be receiving a signal from Wally on channel 3. The outside TV output is ready for a TV. These outputs will not be HD TV, only SD TV.
Many late model RV’s have Cable and Satellite inputs (2) or Cable/ Satellite via jumper (1) and outputs to three TV’s, main room, bedroom and outside. If you want another output, change the 2 way splitter to a 3 way splitter and run another cable.
You may need to change the modulator output to channel 4 if channel 3 has interference from your preamp, etc.
The main advantage of the Wally is it mimics the Hopper, it is smaller than any of the other receivers and it is wireless. Thus you can hide it. Disadvantage, everyone watches the same channel. Use a Pathway X2 antenna and buy another Wally and you can watch any channel on the same satellite, either receiver.
abearago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Dishnetwork also doesn't like it when you disconnect a Hopper from the web.
How do you know this?
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
How do you know this?
Don't know about him but they in as much told me so.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #19

Here is an option if you don't want to mess with the RCA's. Use an HDMI splitter like this....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...MaAlPfEALw_wcB

One output goes to the primary TV and one goes to the HDMI trasmitter below. When you buy the transmitter/receiver, buy an extra receiver for each extra TV. I have one in the bedroom and one in a bay. I'll have one tramsmitter and two receivers. Jtech has different transmitter/receivers ranging in performance and price

Transmitter/receiver combo...

https://www.jtechdigital.com/j-tech-...-receiver.html
Old 01-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Don't know about him but they in as much told me so.
You mean DISH?
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
Here is an option if you don't want to mess with the RCA's. Use an HDMI splitter like this....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...MaAlPfEALw_wcB

One output goes to the primary TV and one goes to the HDMI trasmitter below. When you buy the transmitter/receiver, buy an extra receiver for each extra TV. I have one in the bedroom and one in a bay. I'll have one tramsmitter and two receivers. Jtech has different transmitter/receivers ranging in performance and price

Transmitter/receiver combo...

https://www.jtechdigital.com/j-tech-...-receiver.html

Let me make sure I understand this. You are transmitting tv signal wirelessly to other tvs? This I what I need to get satellite in the bedroom and outside. Pricey little gadget though.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
Let me make sure I understand this. You are transmitting tv signal wirelessly to other tvs? This I what I need to get satellite in the bedroom and outside. Pricey little gadget though.

Careful Here. Notice that the title says wireless IR connection. Well IR stands for Infrared. IR is a form of light. So you need to have a "line of sight" connection between the transmitter and receiver. It won't transmit through walls.

Sudsy
Old 02-07-2018, 05:27 AM   #23

OK I understand now. Thanks.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, satellite tv