Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #1

Self-Changing Service Location for DISH

just had two successive chats with DISH techs regarding the ability to change our service address for the locals using the app instead of having to call in or use chat. one said it can be done and sent me the instructions. but those steps include options i do
not see on my app. second agent said nope, we must still call or chat. ?????
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club

Many haven’t had the update on the app .. mine hadn’t appeared ..even after I updated the mydish ap 2 days ago , it should be in the outdoor RV section of the app where the reauthorize receivers is , you will also see “ change locals “ will appear.
It may be that only the pay as you go folks are the ones getting this.several have posted that it’s been available since April 13 .. others have said the roll out is not universal and screwed up ...the one cs I talked to was clueless so I hung up and decided to give it some time text msgs to “chat” work fine for now.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #3

Dish.

We have been Fulltiming for seven years, and have to,calling each change of address. Would be nice if it was in a app. Keep us informed.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:51 PM   #4

The app does work to change your service address. However your account must be tagged as a DISH Outdoors account and must be a Pay-As-You-Go monthly account for the app to work correctly. If you are no longer under contract you may be able to call DISH and get your account tagged as DISH Outdoors. However you may be required to purchase your receivers since DISH Outdoors accounts do not provide lease receivers.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

we have been a PAYG account from the start and own the receiver. we’re changing locations tomorrow and when i call DISH to change service lication i’ll ask about this and see what they have to say. i’ll post what i learn.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club

If that’s the case For those of us who are full time and are not in “pay as you go “ .. which costs more we are out of luck i guess . If I change my current plan to pay as you go it would cost about 20.00 more per month. Even though I am out of contract and own my own receivers .. I just checked .
Think I’ll just stay with texting cs I have no need to drop service for the winter or a month at a time.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:32 PM   #7

Just changed my service address by calling. After all was said and done the CS agent added that we could just do it off the app now. Some of them know about it.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Just changed my service address by calling. After all was said and done the CS agent added that we could just do it off the app now. Some of them know about it.
that was evident in my first chat with DISH. that agent sent me the steps to use with the app....except none of those steps match what i'm seeing on the app. i'll address that with an agent tomorrow on the phone when we get set up. when i ssked the second agent about that she said the only way to change service lcations is to call or use chat. you'd think all of the agents would've seen the memo.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:31 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Having to be a Pay As You Go subscriber to have the option appear in the app doesn't make good sense. But I would believe it out of Dish... If true hopefully they figure out it shouldn't be that way.

I am not Pay As You Go subscriber and do not have the option appearing in my app on my Android phone.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:59 PM   #10

I’m a pay as you go subscriber and full-time and don’t have the option to change my service address on the app. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #11

ok, here’s the answer at least as it applies to my situation. according to the senior tech i spoke with the computer classifies us as inelegible to use the app because of our receiver/DVR. we have the ViP 722k which is classified as a home, not mobile, receiver. the logic is if you’re not using a mobile receiver like the 211 then you must be stationary and therefore have no need to frequently and temporarily change your service address. he told me it MIGHT make a difference IF we were full time or if we were taking the 722k from the house and using it in the MH. and i could certainly give feedback to DISH on this but for now the computers are programmed to offer the app option only to those recognized as mobile users. that all makes perfect sense to me and its no big deal for us to call to change out service address.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #12

hmmmm....don't know about that, ALL we have are vip211k receivers, and still the app has nothing for us.

not really sure if there is such a thing as a 'mobile' receiver, they all work anywhere anytime... they don't know or care whether they are in a house, an rv, a business, or a treehouse. : )

regardless, I WOULD like Dish to open up this option for all of us, or AT LEAST the ones of us who ASK. Certainly most folks will never need this, or even know what it's for, but us who RV and have or take our receiver with us, Need it: )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #13

I have PayAsYouGo, and every time I call in (frequently) to change my service address to get the locals, I get the "use our app pitch" and I tell them the same thing every time; make the app run on ALL versions of Android and I'd be happy to use it. They "upgraded" the app and now I can't even load it on my phone. My phone is a TracFone and will no longer allow Android updates. I refuse to buy several hundred dollars worth of phone just to use their app. I bought the phone to make phone calls with and it does just fine calling their service number...no app needed and probably, just as fast.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #14
4x4

Newmar Owners Club
Finally... I'm Pay as you go... Opened MyDish App on my iPhone, clicked on Services on the bottom of the APP, clicked on Dish Outdoors, Wake up Your Receiver, all 4 options were greyed out because I was already watching Dish TV, on the bottom is a button that says Reauthorize TV. I clicked that button and it said my receiver would be updated within 15 minutes. Well 60 minutes later nada... Oh well, back to calling it in...
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, dish, service