Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2015, 06:30 AM   #1

Sensar signal strength meter with Jack antenna

The previous owner of my motorhome replaced the Sensar head of my TV antenna with a Jack head. I would like to add a signal strength meter. Will the Sensar Pro signal strength meter work with the Jack? Any other suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
The previous owner of my motorhome replaced the Sensar head of my TV antenna with a Jack head. I would like to add a signal strength meter. Will the Sensar Pro signal strength meter work with the Jack? Any other suggestions?
Algonquin
It will.... but for the best possable OTA TV reception get a Winegard Sensar IV replacement head Winegard Sensar IV Antenna Replacement Head with Integrated Wingm..
and use it with the Winegard SensarPro: Winegard RFL-342 TV Signal Meter Sensar Pro
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to agree the Sensar Pro should work with the Jack, it provides the same 12 volts to the head that the Jack's wall plate does..

Many people have replaced the Winegard Sensar II or III that came with their decade old motor home with a Jack and bragged about the improvement in performance.. most of which was due to either having disconnected and re-connected the dirty coax (thus cleaning it) or due to replacing the roof-to-antenna length of coax..

The Sensar IV, is the top peforming RV antenna. bar none, at this time. Adding the Sensar Pro (Which is not an antenna but is part of the "Antenna system" only makes it better

My system Winegard Sensar + wingman (As close to an IV as I can make it) plus Sensar Pro.. outperforms every other antenna in the park, Jack included.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
I have that exact setup and receive TV stations 68 miles away, north Waco from south Fort Worth Texas. Also get all the local stations off the back side, 30 miles away.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcolorado View Post
I have that exact setup and receive TV stations 68 miles away, north Waco from south Fort Worth Texas. Also get all the local stations off the back side, 30 miles away.
redcolorado
Have you compared the reception of the King Controls Jack antenna with the reception of the Winegard batwing when the RV is parked in the exact same location?
When I did antenna testing with various antennas on the same day from the same campsite found my 19 year old batwing with a Wingman added to be far superior to the 6 other RV antennas I tested, (which included the Jack and a batwing without the Wingman added).
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 11-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
redcolorado
Have you compared the reception of the King Controls Jack antenna with the reception of the Winegard batwing when the RV is parked in the exact same location?
When I did antenna testing with various antennas on the same day from the same campsite found my 19 year old batwing with a Wingman added to be far superior to the 6 other RV antennas I tested, (which included the Jack and a batwing without the Wingman added).
Mel
'96 Safari
The only comparison I made was between the batwing without the wingman and the jack. I did this some years ago when the jack was mounted on a TT. The jack pulled in more stations sitting at my house than the batwing. I tried a wingman on the TT but had clearance issues with a vent or something. I did not check the reception with the wingman. Anyway when I sold the TT I took the jack head off and reinstalled the batwing. When I bought the Motor Home I put the Jack on it. I agree the Sensar IV is better than the Jack and if the Jack fails that will be my replacement. For now the jack is meeting my needs.
The batwing from the MH is installed in the attic of my house and is working great as a back up to Directv.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcolorado View Post
The only comparison I made was between the batwing without the wingman and the jack. I did this some years ago when the jack was mounted on a TT. The jack pulled in more stations sitting at my house than the batwing. I tried a wingman on the TT but had clearance issues with a vent or something. I did not check the reception with the wingman. Anyway when I sold the TT I took the jack head off and reinstalled the batwing. When I bought the Motor Home I put the Jack on it. I agree the Sensar IV is better than the Jack and if the Jack fails that will be my replacement. For now the jack is meeting my needs.
The batwing from the MH is installed in the attic of my house and is working great as a back up to Directv.
redcolorado
Understood
BTW, I too use a batwing in the attic of my house for OTA TV reception.
Mel

Tags
antenna