Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Sirius Radio and Clarion NX501

My Clarion NX501 just stopped receiving the signal. I called Sirius and was told my radio was not longer capable to receiving the signal. Do I need to replace my radio? Thanks, kenmar
KenMarNewMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #2

Hi

Can't say for sure but might check out the firmware updates etc.
Seems there are some after market adapters too?

Clarion Canada | NX501 Firmware and Sirius Connectivity Update

Happy motoring.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
According to the book you have Sirius ConnectTM Vehicle Tuner (SCC1)
That is not your radio it is another small box. Now this is kind of funny you ask this mine did the same thing. It kind of tried to work the station would flash and go away. I tried to resend log in and nothing. So I removed the radio thinking it got unplug and it wasn't. Like you I thought it was the radio but I unplugged the power on the scc1 to see if it was tight and it was and one more thought came to me is unplug and give it 30 seconds then plug it back in and system rebooted and is working fine. I have no clue why this happen but removing power is a cheep check.
Good luck
Old 08-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

It's likely the SCC1 causing the problem. Check all the connections between the SCC1 tuner that the stereo. Does the stereo display an error message? Sirius wants you to believe that the whole system is bad and need replacement. It's because they introduced a new universal tuner for all "SiriusXM" stereos in 2013. The new tuner can get both Sirius and XM satellite signals. The days of separate hardware platforms for team Sirius and team XM are over. I bet supporting the older tuner platforms is a pain for SiriusXM and it's costing them $$. But if they abruptly shut off signal and support for the older tuner platforms, they risk alienating current customers. At some point they will get enough aftermarket users on the new tuner and pull the plug on the old tuner infrastructure. When that happens they will free up satellite transponders. They can sublease or outright sell the transponders they own. Payday for SiriusXM!!! It's a painful transition for provider and user.
Wonderingbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #5

This problem sounds very much like the way my Sirius connection died a couple months ago. Sirius was no help. I haven't done anything but will now try to find this SCC1 you are talking about and do a power off and on to see if this fixes mine. Any help pointing out the location of this unit relative to the back of the Clarion unit would be very helpfull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
According to the book you have Sirius ConnectTM Vehicle Tuner (SCC1)
That is not your radio it is another small box. Now this is kind of funny you ask this mine did the same thing. It kind of tried to work the station would flash and go away. I tried to resend log in and nothing. So I removed the radio thinking it got unplug and it wasn't. Like you I thought it was the radio but I unplugged the power on the scc1 to see if it was tight and it was and one more thought came to me is unplug and give it 30 seconds then plug it back in and system rebooted and is working fine. I have no clue why this happen but removing power is a cheep check.
Good luck
Old 08-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470446128.898485.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	135014
It is on the right rear of the radio were it plugs into the radio. The little box should be close by. Follow the wire to it. This pic should help.

Tags
radio