Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2015, 04:06 PM   #1

Sirius Radio Tuner Search

I am looking for a M9SIR Tuner for a Magnadyne M9900CDS "Sirius Ready" Radio. This radio is in a 2007 Winnebago Journey and the Sirius option has never been activated (no tuner). Would appreciate any and all help and suggestions! I've already talked to Magnadyne support folks - this radio and the tuner were discontinued when Sirius and XM merged. No help on Ebay either.
LARRY WALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Have you contacted Sirius? I'm sure if there is help, they'd be happy to assist.

JoAnn
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I replaced my Magnadyne head unit and Sirius tuner out of my 2008 coach. I will look to see if I still have it in the morning.
mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv8outboard View Post
I replaced my Magnadyne head unit and Sirius tuner out of my 2008 coach. I will look to see if I still have it in the morning.
Thanks!
LARRY WALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #5

I checked eBay. There aren't any of that model currently listed. One sold on April 21 for $45. I would keep checking eBay.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:04 AM   #6

I had same issue, different radio. I found a far easier, far less expensive option with a much better radio. I bought the new SiriusXM Onyx Plus. The home edition, it is about $50-$60 for everything and is the best Sat Radio yet with many features the older radios do not have. You can look up the numerous features on the SiriusXM site

You need an open audio RCA jack input on your home theater receiver or DVD player or in a pinch, just remove any input AV RCA jacks and use them, just match the colors on the jacks with the color on the 2 cables that come with the radio and use them when you want Sat radio as it take about 10 secs to change back and forth. I mounted the indoor Sat. antenna just right of center almost to the windshield, you cannot see it and the signal is 80 to 95% according to their built in signal gauge. I have not lost signal while driving other than in a tunnel or under an over pass etc.

The black wire from the antenna fits perfect in the track on the black windshield weather-stripping when you push down with a screwdriver and continue up the right side of the weather-stripping to the top of the windshield. It then fit up around the upper compartment in a small space between your upper cabinets and the side window and you do not see it and I had two ceiling panels joining it fit in the small indention between them and dropped the windshield curtain track by just removing 4 screws on one bracket and was able to pull the antenna jack under the curtain track. I put one small piece of black gorilla tape up on the top part along the passenger window to keep it from falling down. You cannot see the tape or the wire. I then removed my right speaker cover and routed the wire inside it and it comes out at the top of the speaker and has to go about 2 inches into the top of my AV cabinet door. I then took another small piece of gorilla tape and secured the antenna to the top corner inside the cabinet. You then mount the small radio receiver base inside the cabinet. I used Velcro. You then plug in the audio wires into your receiver and the electrical plug into an outlet inside the AV cabinet. It took less than 30 minutes and no drilling, cutting and removing panels and no trying to route the auto antenna outside of the coach or having to buy the kits to add old Sat radio technology to old radio technology. You do have to put your AV receiver into the proper input mode. In mine it was aux.

The sound through the receiver is much better than the sound through my dash radio and allows anyone in the coach who is near one of your theater speakers to hear the radio clearly. It comes with a remote, accessing almost every feature you need while driving. If you have an outdoor entertainment center tied into your AV system the radio can be piped out side it can also be easily removed and used with the optional car kit or in the house.
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:26 AM   #7

Thumbs up

I searched and searched for one as well, but finally decided that it was actually a better option just to use the unit I already owned - mount on the dash and plug into the 1/8" input jack.
I also like this because the unit is actually much easier to use than the 'on-screen' unit provided by Thor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6024.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	95560   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6025.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	95561  

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #8

Larry, did you find your tuner yet? I'm in the reverse situation, my Magnadyne just died so I'm looking for a replacement replacement radio that will work with the Sirius M9SIR tuner.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #9

Follow Up

Larry:

I posted a conclusion to a related post.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/magn...ng-252343.html

My .02 worth would be to stop your search for an M9SIR tuner and get a newer radio head and Sirius Vehicle Kit. If you're still set on having the old tuner give me a PM as mine will be surplus.

Ron

Tags
radio