Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #1

Specific booster questions

I am looking at adding a Weboost to my RV. I have had 2 previous versions but they were direct phone mount units. I am well aware of how they work overall.

Like most people I want it all. I want the most gain possible and to be able to use it while moving. This will be mounted in/on a 38' 5th toy hauler. I wan tho be able to cover from my garage (office when traveling) all the way to the cab of my truck.

I am looking at the Connect 65 RV which comes with a 25' mast with directional antenna and high gain amp. I would like to use this when stationary or I need more gain than a "mobile" antenna. I would also purchase a mobile antenna to mount to my ladder for mobile use.

The inside antenna seems to be semi directional. Would going to a celling mounted dome antenna in the center of the RV provide better overall coverage without creating oscillation?

If I had both antennas mounted can I add an antenna switch or does a switch reduce too much db? Would I be better off with hooking/unhooking the antenna currently in use?

I hope that makes sense.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2020, 09:31 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
I am looking at adding a Weboost to my RV. I have had 2 previous versions but they were direct phone mount units. I am well aware of how they work overall.

Like most people I want it all. I want the most gain possible and to be able to use it while moving. This will be mounted in/on a 38' 5th toy hauler. I wan tho be able to cover from my garage (office when traveling) all the way to the cab of my truck.

I am looking at the Connect 65 RV which comes with a 25' mast with directional antenna and high gain amp. I would like to use this when stationary or I need more gain than a "mobile" antenna. I would also purchase a mobile antenna to mount to my ladder for mobile use.

The inside antenna seems to be semi directional. Would going to a celling mounted dome antenna in the center of the RV provide better overall coverage without creating oscillation?

If I had both antennas mounted can I add an antenna switch or does a switch reduce too much db? Would I be better off with hooking/unhooking the antenna currently in use?

I hope that makes sense.
I used the following Wilson Electronics 4G Omni Plus Building Antenna | 304423 cheapest I found it was on ebay for $73 it has all stainless steel mounting hardware a big plus so you won't get rust running down the side of your motorhome. The weboost connect model 470103, which is the 5000 sq. Ft. House model. I have seen them as low as $300 on ebay. We have a built in inverter to run the refrigerator when travelling down the road so I plugged it in that circuit. So we can use while we are traveling too.
Attached Images

nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #3

You might find this interesting:
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #4

The video has lots of good information, but has minimal value to my situation.

I am not using a jet pack.

I frequently travel in places that have just enough signal to occasionally show on your phone, but not actually connect.

In my travels I need phone, not just internet signal.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote