Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2016, 05:35 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Stupid DISH service techs.

So after 10 years of great service and no issues with DISH network, I finally ran into their totally stupid unfathomable customer service. I called last night to activate my RV receiver as I've done for 3 years now. Well the tech said that he could not activate (wait for it) because I had a service order on the book to be done in 2 weeks to upgrade my HOME system?????????? He said that his system would not let him activate a receiver if there was an open service order on the account. So I cancelled the system upgrade (the has to be done because of their system up grade), he then activated my RV receiver. Once I make sure it's active (this Fri) then I call and reset ANOTHER appointment to upgrade my system. In the end it is double work for them having to canx, and then reschedule my service appointment, HOW STUPID.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 05:49 AM   #2

As recently mentioned in another thread, when you get a rep from dish (or anyone else) that seems totally clueless, just hang up and call back. This person may have completely misunderstood what you wanted and started going down the wrong road.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:53 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I'm frustrated with DISH that they can't/don't have a web site so you can send the refresh signal to your receiver. If you leave it unplugged as I often do with my RV receiver it won't work until you have to call Dish, wait on hold, speak to a rep. -- only for them to maybe send the signal. With Sirius you can do it from their web site.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:01 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugmongous View Post
I'm frustrated with DISH that they can't/don't have a web site so you can send the refresh signal to your receiver. If you leave it unplugged as I often do with my RV receiver it won't work until you have to call Dish, wait on hold, speak to a rep. -- only for them to maybe send the signal. With Sirius you can do it from their web site.
You can do that with DirecTV also. Refresh from your account on web site.
Much faster then waiting for a service person. And hearing over and over. Your call is important to us. And will be answered in line as received.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:02 AM   #5
srh

Newmar Owners Club
D Lindy: If you call again to talk to a different tech, you will get a different answer! Most of the time they are clueless when it comes to DISH for RV's!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had Dish set it up that when my phone # pops up it automatically sends me to "Advanced RV Support" who do understand RV service. It only takes me a couple of minutes to get the locals changed to a new location. Never have problems at all talking to them......

Dave
Old 04-06-2016, 07:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugmongous View Post
I was told at the Hershey RV Show that this is in the works. Seems that Dish Network is waiting for government approval.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhinds View Post
I had Dish set it up that when my phone # pops up it automatically sends me to "Advanced RV Support" who do understand RV service. It only takes me a couple of minutes to get the locals changed to a new location. Never have problems at all talking to them......

Dave
Do you happen to have the telephone number for Advanced RV Support? I generally use their instant messaging system and I connect to technical services, but even that can be an exercise in frustration. Sometimes my request to re-activate the receiver or switch locals goes real well, and sometimes it's a real pain.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
So after 10 years of great service and no issues with DISH network, I finally ran into their totally stupid unfathomable customer service. I called last night to activate my RV receiver as I've done for 3 years now. Well the tech said that he could not activate (wait for it) because I had a service order on the book to be done in 2 weeks to upgrade my HOME system?????????? He said that his system would not let him activate a receiver if there was an open service order on the account. So I cancelled the system upgrade (the has to be done because of their system up grade), he then activated my RV receiver. Once I make sure it's active (this Fri) then I call and reset ANOTHER appointment to upgrade my system. In the end it is double work for them having to canx, and then reschedule my service appointment, HOW STUPID.
Funny, I had the same experience about a year ago, except I was not aware of the service order they had scheduled. They are switching everyone around here to the Eastern Arc satellites and they said they could not reauthorize my RV receiver or change locals until that service order was satisfied. I told them my home account was already looking at the Eastern Sats. The service tech said well how about the RV dish? I told her I choose which arc to look at depending on where we were in the country.

They canceled the service order and reauthorized the receiver. Then about a week later they called to set up a service call to change the dish so it will look at the Eastern Sats. When the tech came out he said "you are already looking in the correct direction, why did you call in a service call?" I told him I didn't and this was a Dish Network request. He did hand me a new remote for my troubles!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I call for local channels about once every month - I can tell when it will work and when it won't by the way they handle the call - Sometimes they change my billing address (not wanted) but not the local channels. I'm right about 95% - wish they would let us change online.
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:50 AM   #11

In many, many chats with DISH to reset our ZIP code for local channels while traveling, I've several times run into the dreaded 'oh, we'll need to send out a tech to help you with that...' statement - which, of course, is ridiculous.
I just ask for the manager, who eventually figures it out, and we get the update.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsdock View Post
I call for local channels about once every month - I can tell when it will work and when it won't by the way they handle the call - Sometimes they change my billing address (not wanted) but not the local channels. I'm right about 95% - wish they would let us change online.
I know you can reset the billing address online. I just did mine. I had to go in and check it because i was pretty sure the last person i talked to at direct when i was changing my location (who was very clearly told not to change my billing address) changed it. They did.

I really only wanted the local channels to watch the nascar race which was on fox. By the time they got it done i had fox on over the air antenna and did not care anymore.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I just asked the Dish Tech to send me to advanced tech support then he set it up to go there anytime I call. They must use caller ID to know it is me.....

Dave
Old 04-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Haven't tried it myself, but I understand Dish now has a phone number dedicated to RVers 800-970-7959.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, service