Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2022, 07:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Doesn’t the device show its phone number in them menu info screen on the device. Or when you log into it on the phone. It has one. That said I activated my T-Mobile account with my att cell phone number and that was the account number if I remember.

I had looked already the menu, in the device menu where it would have the phone number listed, it's blank ("phone--"). I had tried using my Verizon ph# and it wouldn't accept it, the bot wants a T-mobile ph#.
gladu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2022, 10:08 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't remember when I first got the #. It will be on your first bill. Then you can set up online.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
I don't remember when I first got the #. It will be on your first bill. Then you can set up online.

Thanks, I'm on autopay so I will probably will just get an eMail confirmation the bill is payed. I talked to an agent on the phone who couldn't help, so I will go to a T-mobile coorporate store tomorrow and see if they can do any better.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:47 AM   #18

Your bill will show the home internet device “phone number “
dlmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:23 AM   #19

We have the T-Mobile 100GB Mobile Data Only plan for $50/mo. That means that there is just a SIM card, no phone. The SIM card has the phone number associated with it. The Username, to sign into the account, is the SIM card phone number. Advantage, as far as I'm concerned, is that you can suspend the service for about 1/2 the year. Charge associated with reactivating the suspended service, is currently $21.
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:07 PM   #20

The T-mobile store gave me the phone number associated with the hotspot and now the ph# is also showing up in the hotspot's display. The T-Mobile 5G Hotspot (Quanta D53) is their new 5G Hotspot and I already had to do a factory reset on it after only 2 days of ownership. No problem with it working last night but today It was connecting to my laptop and showed 5G four bars on the hotspot but no internet, same thing in 3 towns and also at the t-mobile store. Now it's working again after the factory reset. Maybe the new Quata D53 needs a firmware upgrade. I'm not impressed with T-mobile phone support, twice they hung up on me after holding when they said they were connecting me to a higher level tech, never got to speak to one.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladu2 View Post
The T-mobile store gave me the phone number associated with the hotspot and now the ph# is also showing up in the hotspot's display. The T-Mobile 5G Hotspot (Quanta D53) is their new 5G Hotspot and I already had to do a factory reset on it after only 2 days of ownership. No problem with it working last night but today It was connecting to my laptop and showed 5G four bars on the hotspot but no internet, same thing in 3 towns and also at the t-mobile store. Now it's working again after the factory reset. Maybe the new Quata D53 needs a firmware upgrade. I'm not impressed with T-mobile phone support, twice they hung up on me after holding when they said they were connecting me to a higher level tech, never got to speak to one.
If it's not a firmware issue, it is new, then it may be the information that was entered into the "Hotspot". IMEI and other info needs to be formatted and entered correctly, or T-Mobile might kick you off the system.

Perhaps the 1st thing to try is to take it to T-Mobile and have them verify that it is setup correctly.

I used my T-Mobile SIM in a Verizon MiFi M2100 5G. I put my T-Mobile SIM in that device. It worked just fine. Verizon just kept nagging me about it being a Verizon device.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:25 PM   #22

[QUOTE=MevetS;6246069]If it's not a firmware issue, it is new, then it may be the information that was entered into the "Hotspot". IMEI and other info needs to be formatted and entered correctly, or T-Mobile might kick you off the system.

The IMEI matches what is on the UPC label the device and sim box came in. The MiFi hotspot is still working fine today since I did the factory reset on it. I did have trouble at first w/ T-mobile support not accepting what i thought was my security PIN# (passcode), maybe that flagged a denial of service procedure but since then I have changed the security PIN# in my account and now they accept that. If there is any information entered incorrectly in the hotspot it was done by T-mobile on their end as I haven't changed any admin default settings yet. It's all good today, so will just monitor. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #23

Can I still get the home internet for $50 if I don't have TMobile for my phone?
Joediver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:59 AM   #24

[QUOTE=gladu2;6246451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS View Post
If it's not a firmware issue, it is new, then it may be the information that was entered into the "Hotspot". IMEI and other info needs to be formatted and entered correctly, or T-Mobile might kick you off the system.

The IMEI matches what is on the UPC label the device and sim box came in. The MiFi hotspot is still working fine today since I did the factory reset on it. I did have trouble at first w/ T-mobile support not accepting what i thought was my security PIN# (passcode), maybe that flagged a denial of service procedure but since then I have changed the security PIN# in my account and now they accept that. If there is any information entered incorrectly in the hotspot it was done by T-mobile on their end as I haven't changed any admin default settings yet. It's all good today, so will just monitor. Thanks.
Yes, I would suspect that it would have been a T-Mobile error, if there was one.
Old 07-18-2022, 06:07 PM   #25
Ned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post
If your talking about the Home Internet plan it is tied to your billing address.
That was not my experience recently (July '22)

T-Mobile 5G Home Internet Gateway
A qualifying address is mandatory to obtain the gateway.

I have 3 addresses I used and each is more than 100+miles apart:
- physical location (where my T-Mobile store is located)
- billing/mailing address (I will never visit this location)
- qualifying address - basic terms, must be located in a 5G area that has excess bandwidth capacity, and availability of T-Mobile 5G is not already saturated with current 5G customers

It took some effort to get a T-Mobile home 5g Gateway with those address scenarios. Because you are using their equipment and don't own it, I found they have some extra ID card identify verification steps which I thought were extreme.

But the key in T-Mobile home 5G is your "QUALIFYING ADDRESS". You can not get the service without a qualifying address. The gateway works anywhere you have a signal used by T-Mobile.

Again this was my experience this month (July '22) and my understanding after getting the service.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #26

[QUOTE=MevetS;6246925]
Quote:

Yes, I would suspect that it would have been a T-Mobile error, if there was one.
I'm sending the T-Mobile 5G Hotspot (Quanta D53) back to T-Mobile tomorrow and canceling my plan, I have the return shipping label. The problem with my being able to connect to the 5G network with adequate signal bars of strength but no internet, regardless of location continued to worsen until even a factory reset on the device would not help. Is T-mobile home internet a viable solution for mobile internet even though that now violates T-mobiles terms and conditions using it portable in continuous changing locations or would that be too risky for getting your plan canceled and yourself black listed?
Old 08-04-2022, 08:35 PM   #27

[QUOTE=gladu2;6267310]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS View Post

I'm sending the T-Mobile 5G Hotspot (Quanta D53) back to T-Mobile tomorrow and canceling my plan, I have the return shipping label. The problem with my being able to connect to the 5G network with adequate signal bars of strength but no internet, regardless of location continued to worsen until even a factory reset on the device would not help. Is T-mobile home internet a viable solution for mobile internet even though that now violates T-mobiles terms and conditions using it portable in continuous changing locations or would that be too risky for getting your plan canceled and yourself black listed?
The T-Mobile salesman that set me up with home internet is also living full-time in a bus. He said it shouldn't be a problem and so far no problems.
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:45 PM   #28

[QUOTE=wolfgolden;6267336]
Quote:
The T-Mobile salesman that set me up with home internet is also living full-time in a bus. He said it shouldn't be a problem and so far no problems.

Thank you Wolfgolden. T-Mobile Home Internet ordered, defective Quanta D53 5G MiFi hotspot being sent back tomorrow.

Tags
internet