Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2022, 05:48 AM   #1

T-Mobile home internet now $25 with voice line

You need a T-Mobile voice line.

You're not supposed to move it although that appears to be unenforced for now.

It's not easy to link to directly. Click on Plan (or Plans, it seems to vary) at the top and then Home Internet plan.

https://www.t-mobile.com
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2022, 05:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I have been trying to get it since it came out, but I am 6 blocks south of where the service ends. Friends that have it love it. I remain on the waiting list.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:01 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have been trying to get it since it came out, but I am 6 blocks south of where the service ends. Friends that have it love it. I remain on the waiting list.
Same here. I have two homes and it shows not available at either location.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:19 AM   #4

We have it at the S&B, and would have loved to have taken it with us, but if we did that, I lose the wifi for my security cameras.
Oh well...

Tim
Old 12-15-2022, 06:51 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Not being able to get it at my S&B location through my local T Mobile store, The T Mobile booth at Costco just sighed me up for $25. a month during the Christmas Bonus price. Also a $25 Costco card and a $100. Master Card if I keep the service for 60 days.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 11:48 AM   #6

The dea was $50 a month last I checked. We have Tmobile phones. Checked again and it still said not available at our address. No mention of $50 or $25. My daughter lives a couple miles from us and their internet is the Tmobile $50 plan.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:01 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Depending on how feel about it there is away to get it without it being available at your address. Find and use an address that is available and when completing the application have it shipped to your address. After a month or so you can then have the address changed to the proper one. Found this on Reddit and it worked for me. YMMV
Old 12-16-2022, 12:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by atodalen View Post
YMMV
Indeed it may. We have a tower with AT&T cells on it nearby. At one time we had AT&T phones and a signal strength app. I went over there to see why our signal sucked. Turns out the antennas are directional with none pointed at our house. My daughter, living on the other side, had great service.

So there may be more to the address thing than meets the eye. Also consider they might be pushing for you to have 5G service. Just because you (or I) have good 4G connection doesn't mean the 5G is there too. Me, I would want to be sure I was getting solid 5G at home. Mobile, I don't mind 4g. As for us and our address , I suspect that same tower and antenna business. I don't know if Tmobile uses it though. If I had time to look into it....
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:13 PM   #9

The local T-Mobile store signed us up using our home address for our Winegard data. $50 per month for 100GB. They just processed it as a regular cellphone that they took off the shelf and took the chip out of it which we put in the Winegard.

Works fine so far although we would have to limit streaming volume if travelling full time.
Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:08 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Indeed it may. We have a tower with AT&T cells on it nearby. At one time we had AT&T phones and a signal strength app. I went over there to see why our signal sucked. Turns out the antennas are directional with none pointed at our house. My daughter, living on the other side, had great service.

So there may be more to the address thing than meets the eye. Also consider they might be pushing for you to have 5G service. Just because you (or I) have good 4G connection doesn't mean the 5G is there too. Me, I would want to be sure I was getting solid 5G at home. Mobile, I don't mind 4g. As for us and our address , I suspect that same tower and antenna business. I don't know if Tmobile uses it though. If I had time to look into it....
Great reminder. Check your coverage 1st!
Old 12-17-2022, 06:56 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
We have the 50 buck unit assigned to an address in WA next to the Canadian border. We are now in Yuma and the unit has been 5G the entire way. Next test will be when we go to Mexico next month
Old 12-18-2022, 02:34 PM   #12

Don. I did not think that t_ mobile offered service in Mexico.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:01 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Moisheh, I have used my TMobile hotspot in Puerto Penasco with good results. Tried using a VZ hotspot and it was stone dead. My VZ phone works fine.
THis will be my first trip with the TMobile home setup
Old 12-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently signed up for T Mobile 5G at my S&B in Indiana. They also checked my address in Florida and said it would work there as well. We also have friends at our RV park in SW Fl that have this service, so hopefully things will work out for us.
We are currently using DirecTV satellite service and have been for years. Hurricane Ian took out our satellite dish and I have been pondering switching over to streaming for quite a while, so this became our "opportunity" to make the switch.
I have been considering using DirecTV streaming or Hulu+Live TV as our streaming service. Have any of you folks had any experience with the portability of their streaming services from one location to the other? It seems that I read that Hulu will only work with your "home" wifi. I will be taking my T Mobile wireless wifi device with me, so I don't know if that would eliminate that issue or not. Any advice would be appreciated. I hope I explained the situation adequately. If not, feel free to ask questions, this old guy needs help with this hi tech world. Thanks in advance!

Tags
internet