Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2018, 12:03 AM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Technically DirecTV Didn't Raise Prices

Well according to the AT&T spin doctors anyway.

Quote:
AT&T told a federal judge this year that its landmark merger with Time Warner would probably result in lower prices for its DirecTV customers. But the telecom giant is saying that it will raise the price of DirecTV’s online streaming service, DirecTV Now, by $5 a month for new and existing customers, according to an AT&T spokesman.
The decision affects all service tiers of the product, according to Cord Cutters News, which first reported the change. That brings the base tier to $40 per month and the top tier to $75. In a statement, AT&T said its decision was driven by industry trends.
Quote:
AT&T’s announcement for DirecTV Now does not appear to extend to customers of DirecTV’s legacy product, its satellite TV service. Technically speaking, that means AT&T still has not raised prices for traditional pay-TV customers, the market with which the Justice Department’s case was most concerned. Still, AT&T has made no secret of its desire to phase out its declining satellite business by shifting even those customers to online streaming.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.07685b80474c
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2018, 07:24 AM   #2

My DirecTV bill has gone up, my AT&T and Verizon bills have gone up. My property taxes have gone up. My gas prices have gone up. My grocery bill has gone up. My insurance and just about everything else has gone up. So why should any of these increases by DirecTV or Dish or anyone else be newsworthy? Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I live in a reality that if you tell the judge something you do it, not twist and worm your way out of it. Guess your reality is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
My DirecTV bill has gone up, my AT&T and Verizon bills have gone up. My property taxes have gone up. My gas prices have gone up. My grocery bill has gone up. My insurance and just about everything else has gone up. So why should any of these increases by DirecTV or Dish or anyone else be newsworthy? Chuck
Old 07-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
I live in a reality that if you tell the judge something you do it, not twist and worm your way out of it. Guess your reality is different.
Must be. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv