Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tracstar SV260 in motion sat ant.

We were out this past weekend, and after setting up, I turned on the Sat. system. The sounds of the antenna went on as usual. Then we heard a loud sound as if a plastic gear was jumping a cog as if stuck. Turned it off and spent the weekend with over-the-air TV.

After removing the dome, I found a couple of small balls from a bearing. Then found some metal shavings and wear marks on the front and rear just outside the base perimeter. The marks appear to be left by the idle wheel/pully for the rubber belt that turns the unit (not the one that pivots the antenna up or down).

It seems the loose bearings (found a total of six after blowing with air), caused the jam. So it is free moving for now, however, I'm thinking more bearings are going to come out sooner or later. Asking the manufacturer for a parts list and diagrams was an act of futility. The friendly fellow there suggested I take pics and send them to determine what parts I might need since the newer SV360 is pretty similar.

Anyway, from what I've seen, I'm guessing there is a ring bearing for the turn table (for lack of a better term, like a lazy susan)...does anyone have some experience with this? The missing balls have caused the unit to turn at a bit of a cocked angle, however so slight. I would like to see some documentation before I start taking things apart.

Thanks for checking this post out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Sorry to hear of your problem. I have the SV360 installed on my unit. Checked my documentation and basically find only the owners manual with a single picture of the unit with the dome removed. I can see the problem area ( I believe anyway) you are describing. Wish I could offer more than sympathy. Happy to send you the SV360 manual if you like - drop me a PM with your email.
PandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
PandK, thanks for the offer, I have downloaded the manual, but there is no details on individual parts that I saw.

When the weather gets warmer, I plan to tear down the unit and get to the problem.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #4

Have you called Tracvision? They have been so helpful to me. Even sent me a free software upgrade so that could have HD programing and automatic satellite switching. The techs will talk to you for a long time if need be and they know their stuff.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your response openpro. I called the manufacturer and they were not as helpful as the folks seem to be at Tracvision. The young fellow told me the unit was very similar to the Tracstar SV 360 and there were downloads on the website, but I found no downloads of parts lists and that is where they left things.