Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2021, 11:09 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Triple screen for side and rear cameras

I don't know if this is something anyone else has done, but are there any ways to get all three of my cameras on the same monitor full time?

We have our new class A that we will be picking up after the winter deep freeze, and one thing I was thinking about was how to see everything at once, if the need arose. Of course I wouldn't rely on this all the time, but seeing what was going on as a secondary safety feature would be nice. Something where the left side mirror/rear/right side mirror views were set up on the screen at all times. If I thought something was in a blind spot on the side of the coach I don't want to have to flick the signal light just to get the feed.
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2021, 06:11 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
The owners manual would explain this.
My system which I purchased a few years ago, explain what and how the cameras would be displayed. Each system is DIFFERENT, so you can get DIFFERENT answers that are not applicable to your system
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:31 AM   #3

I built a 12 camera system on my coach. I would suggest not getting a monitor with multi-screens. Instead get a video switcher which has 4 cameras in and one video out. That would be cheaper and more versatile. This will combine the 4 cameras into one screen. It allows 1, 2, 3 or 4 cameras being displayed on your monitor. The unit I use even DVRs the videos. I display the video on a Android head unit with a 12" screen.
skitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:46 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
I built a 12 camera system on my coach. I would suggest not getting a monitor with multi-screens. Instead get a video switcher which has 4 cameras in and one video out. That would be cheaper and more versatile. This will combine the 4 cameras into one screen. It allows 1, 2, 3 or 4 cameras being displayed on your monitor. The unit I use even DVRs the videos. I display the video on a Android head unit with a 12" screen.
I added a monitor on the dash for full time backup camera display while driving on my Tiffin which worked well & didn't ​have to look down on the dash.

First - Your going to have to find out how your system work and if you can split the video from the current camera. Also the specs on the video 640X480 etc.

Then you need to find a monitor and mount that will support the video signal.

Your issue could be once you have all three screens on one display it could be so small as it would not be useful or having a bigger monitor could be hard to mount and block the side mirrors. This is where the switch as "skitime" stated could be useful.

There was a post somewhere on IRV2 - where a person split the signal add added three smaller monitors to his dash for full time sides and back.
mike625 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #5

I have a 7 inch monitor that I added below the unused ash tray of my GMC 2500 HD. The monitor has four video inputs. One goes to a front truck license plate camera that shows the view close to the street that is obstructed by the truck's large hood. I use it all the time when the trailer isn't hooked up.

The other 3 inputs goes to wireless links to the trailer. I have a rear camera and a side cameras mounted close the the front of the trailer off the pass through storage area. I have the camera transmitters on the front wall inside the pass through storage area and the receivers on the back inside of my Leer cap above the rear window. The wireless distance is very short so the video feeds are reliable.

I use the side and rear cameras when backing into a camping spot. I use the rear camera when going down the highway so I can see the cars directly behind me.

My 7 inch monitor can show 1, 2 3 or 4 cameras at a time. Here is a link for the monitor on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tags
camera, rear, scr