Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2016, 11:56 PM   #1

TV in the boonies for the techno challenged?

I don't have a smart phone and I don't facebook or twitter. I guess I'm with the Luddites. I've tried to search here but still don't find what I need.
I have Dish at home with an older 2 program DVR in it. I don't watch local stations.
I want TV out in the boonies (I have a TV in the TT for using park hookups) so do I take my DVR with me and use a tripod antenna (have to learn how to find the satellites) or do I just get a Tailgater autofind antenna system?

Lost in the boonies
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:41 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
The Tailgater is very easy to use. Set it out facing south (need compass) no trees blocking the signal and hook up the RG6 cable to the same hook up you use for the park. The receiver must be in line just before the cable in connection on back of the tv. The best receiver needed is 211Z and will have on screen prompts for finding the sats. Your home receiver "may not work with the Tailgater. Buy the Tailgater and 211z receiver as a package and save money. Dish has a monthly program for starting and stopping service. Very easy to use.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:45 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
The Tailgater will give you HD and DVR memory if you buy the add on recording drive. Camping world has it all or order on line..
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #4

If you have an older TV without HDMI input, look for a VIP 211K it is the first version and it has COAX output for tv. It can also do DVR functions with an added external hard drive. And the Tailgater is an easy to deploy and use sat dish.
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote