Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2022, 12:54 PM   #1

TV wall mount

In my 2016 Winnebago there is a 50-inch flat screen wall mounted. I can see from my phone that there is a T handle in the middle pointing downward. It has a small chain and a ring. There's only an inch and a half space on all sides of the TV and this is up near the middle of the TV and I'm unable to reach this. How do I get this TV off to access the inputs on the back or to replace with a smart TV. Thanks
Kjoy457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2022, 02:06 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You should be able to pull down on the "small chain and ring" with one hand, then use the other to gently pull the tv out from the wall. That should get you access to the back of the tv. Otherwise, the mounts are typically screwed/bolted to the back of the tv. Hope that answers your questions.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Maybe use a coat hanger to put a rope through the loop in the chain.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:13 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a similar mount that had a pull chain. When you pulled it, the TV would swing out. I added a cable tie to the pull chain to make it long enough to reach below the TV mount.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:18 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Could be one of the MORryde TV mounts - here is an example of what you could be dealing with -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MORryde.png
Views:	9
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	359685  
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:42 PM   #6

The advice you're received about the latching mechanism is 100% correct.

I would, however, like to mention that a smart TV isn't necessarily the best option. The "smarts" built into it aren't always the best available, aren't upgradeable, etc.

On the other hand, a dumb flat screen with a Roku device or similar device will do everything a smart TV will do. Rokus are generally considered to be one of the best options. Most TVs sold today have some degree of "smarts" but you can always add a Roku device. Even a Roku TV has the same limitations in comparison with a TV and an external Roku device. I have one (a TCL) and fully expect that one day I'll need to upgrade or fix it with an external device.

I guess my point is, if you're happy with your current TV except for it being dumb, don't feel you need to replace it with a Smart TV, just buy a Roku device. Personally, I'd go with the "box" version and not the stick version. If you do go the smart TV route, I'd recommend a Roku TV. In fact, many tech sites recommend adding a Roku box to a non-Roku smart TV. Here's one example:

https://hometheaterheroes.com/smart-...he-difference/
Old 03-19-2022, 07:03 PM   #7

With mine, I gently push in on the bottom of the tv and pull the handle. This releases the latch and it will swing out. With 2 people you can lift up and unhook the top. Be sure to have a place to rest it so you can unhook the wiring. Reverse to install.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote