Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #1

Unlimited Data Plan - Been looking for a year

My wife and I full time
I've been looking for a data plan for a year
Our needs for data are just for personal use
A WIFI hotspot that all our devices and TVs can feed from
I wanted unlimited, no throttling so we can watch movies ad nauseam
We have a TOGO Roadlink (missed the AT&T 360 plan), for formerly had a Winegard Connect 2 (same as TOGO)
I saw a video from "Changing Lanes" RV'ers that mentioned this plan
I finally found a reasonable plan with mobilemusthave.com
It is a AT&T SIM card unlimited plan $120/mo (they swear its unthrotted)
So far so good. I have been looking so long I am giddy about this.
I realize this isn't a set up that a person needing reliable business access might choose.
But the Roadlink/Connect 2 is relatively simple and straight forward. Has a WIFI booster/hot spot/router with acceptable security. Not a complicated configuration of devices and antennas that you need a phD in electrical engineering to master. The Roadlink/Connect 2 will connect to cell towers as we go, wherever there is adequate AT&T service
Just thought I would share .....
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
These truly unlimited plans have gotten very scarce, that's for sure. The only thing wrong with the mobilemusthave's plan is the high cost of ~$1,500 a year.

There are other resellers out there selling less expensive versions of this same ATT plan. But recently they have been difficult to find without multiple attempts. Seems they sell out frequently.

Netbuddy is one of those and when they have them in stock an ATT SIM totally unlimited is only $65 a month. Net Buddy shows "out of stock" for their plans except during specific days and times each week. Check the Net Buddy website to see when service can be ordered.

Another is OTR Mobile. It's $100 for the SIM and a month of service and $80 a month thereafter. That would save you over $400 a year.

There are many other such resellers but prices tend to be in the $120 a month range.

You could also go with Visible and for $40 a month you'd get truly unlimited data on Verison's LTE service. Trick there is you'd have to buy a phone to dedicate for tethering and then connect that phone's wifi to the ToGo - in essence the phone becomes like campground wifi that you pick up with the ToGo and use when you then connect all your RV internet devices via the ToGo.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:54 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Go to the tech page, which is much further down on the main menu. Good section about unthrottled service. The OP has provided some very good information that might be what you are looking for.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper25 View Post
There's plenty of unlimited plans with no throttling available for $50 a month.
Please elaborate.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post

You could also go with Visible and for $40 a month you'd get truly unlimited data on Verison's LTE service. Trick there is you'd have to buy a phone to dedicate for tethering and then connect that phone's wifi to the ToGo - in essence the phone becomes like campground wifi that you pick up with the ToGo and use when you then connect all your RV internet devices via the ToGo.
Visible is as low as $25 a month on the Party Pay Plan. I set-up a party plan on my account and have been able to keep 3 other people, who I don't know and who pay their own bills, on the plan for about 7 months now and all of our costs are $25 a month.......I use this as a back-up to my AT&T Connected Car plan so I have Verizon as a back-up for $300 a year
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #6

[Mod Edit]

Why not share who has a $50 unlimited plan?
Old 07-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #7

Here's one.... Visible $40 (I pay $25)
Old 07-29-2020, 06:58 PM   #8

we have verizon 2 phones on a 4 phone plan our share is $95 i watch movies all the time but i don't use hotspot i use screen share what plays on my phone plays on my Samsung tv. i get 75 gig of data. 30 gig of hotspot. x2 for each wifes and mine. prime video and hbo max and all my direct tv channels play on phone wherever we are and just use screen share and it is not using hotspot.. and remember you can set output to hd or sd or 4k.. 150 gig's is more movies than i can watch.. for internet we use usb cabling which does use hot spot but cant use up 30 gig for each phone
Old 07-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #9

Thank you all for the info. I’ve been studying this for a year and it’s infinitely complicated. It makes my brain bleed to think about it.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #10

Check out this thread, post #10

$40/month unlimited internet....interested?

Be sure to see post #10. Works great for me and many others.
JackHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:58 AM   #11

We switched over to a cell phone plan available through Spectrum. So far, it has been excellent as the networks uses the Verizon system. Right before switching to Spectrum, we tried very briefly T Mobile. We live in the greater Cleveland area, and it was terrible....couldn't make calls from our house.

As with Verizon, Spectrum allows you to change your plan very easily, so when needed, I switch to unlimited data so I can use my cell phone as a mobile hot spot. When not traveling, I don't use much data and can revert back to a less expensive plan.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #12

We use Visible connected to a little GL-iNet WiFi Router via USB Tethering. All of our devices (Smart TVs, Fire Stick, Printer, GOVEE Sensors, Amazon Echo Show, iPads) connect toi the GL-iNet Wifi. Works great.

I stress tested this setup by connecting my Home Router (Netgear R7800) Wan port to the GL-iNet LAN Port. I ran my whole house of 41 devices on this setup. The only device that acted up was our Ooma Phone, which after a power cycle, worked just fine.

The only area where this GL-iNet setup is limited is when connecting/bridging campground WiFi. For that I use the Outside Our Bubble Ubiquity setup.

This gives us unlimited service for $25 per month including taxes.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:35 PM   #13

Is it truly unlimited/unthrottled .... or is it unlimited data but speed throttled after XXGB and maybe depriortized on the cell tower .... It seems like to me that truly unlimited, unthrottled, undepriortized plans are rare. A lot of what I've read agrees with this.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:41 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Visible is truly unlimited and sort of unthrottled. Terms of service limit the Hot spot speed to a max of 5 MBPS all the time. User experience varies with some seeing higher speeds. It is a 2nd tier plan though and network management can come into play on busy towers.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote