Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2021, 06:08 PM   #1

Use the Winegard Air360+ with something other than the GW-1000 router

Has anyone managed to use something other than the GW-1000 with a winegard air360+?
phfkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 06:51 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I was watching this video a few weeks ago when I was rethinking my internet situation.

https://youtu.be/UyRSr8DkRKA
Old 12-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdude View Post
I was watching this video a few weeks ago when I was rethinking my internet situation.

https://youtu.be/UyRSr8DkRKA
Very interesting thanks
Old 12-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You're welcome.

BTW, I ended up going with the GW-1000 and got a SIM card for an AT&T Tablet through the "bring your own tablet" web page AT&T has. Essentially added a line to my AT&T unlimited plan.

Working well so far. The GW-1000 recognized the SIM card right away. Bonus: Didn't even have to talk to anyone at AT&T to get up and running.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdude View Post
You're welcome.

BTW, I ended up going with the GW-1000 and got a SIM card for an AT&T Tablet through the "bring your own tablet" web page AT&T has. Essentially added a line to my AT&T unlimited plan.

Working well so far. The GW-1000 recognized the SIM card right away. Bonus: Didn't even have to talk to anyone at AT&T to get up and running.
I decided to order the GW-1000 too. Got it yesterday. I live in Canada so internet plans are expensive. In the past I kept costs down while traveling in the USA by using a Straight Talk SIM while I was there. I don't know if that will work with the GW-1000.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phfkef View Post
I decided to order the GW-1000 too. Got it yesterday. I live in Canada so internet plans are expensive. In the past I kept costs down while traveling in the USA by using a Straight Talk SIM while I was there. I don't know if that will work with the GW-1000.
May as well give that SIM card a try and see if it works, assuming it's not too much of an investment.

There are folks online that have stated any user-installed "AT&T" SIM card wouldn't work in the GW-1000, i.e., one is compelled to purchase the rather expensive Winegard data subscription for 4g connectivity using the AT&T SIM card that came pre-installed in the GW-1000. However, that didn't prove true with my setup (went with bring-your-own tablet plan as I noted earlier and used the SIM card AT&T mailed me).

The only downside on my setup is AT&T does appear to limit video streaming bandwidth to only allow ~480P resolution or thereabouts, even after I disabled Stream Saver in my AT&T profile for that line. Otherwise, the internet is awesome with great speeds. For only $23/mo additional on my unlimited family cell plan, providing what appears to be unlimited data in my RV so far (other than the video streaming limitations), that ain't too shabby.

Tags
air, route, router, winegard