Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 05:51 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Verizon 5g wireless home internet

I just canceled At&t wireless home internet and phone because the monthly gig were so limited and saw an offer for Verizon 5g wireless home internet. Is Anyone using this on the road (full timers) where home is where we park?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 06:56 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winningteam View Post
I just canceled At&t wireless home internet and phone because the monthly gig were so limited and saw an offer for Verizon 5g wireless home internet. Is Anyone using this on the road (full timers) where home is where we park?
Have had it since June of this year. It actually works better that my 8800L hotspot "both are active currently". I'm using it as a backup to my starlink so based on my testing of locations "WI to CO to VA". Works as good or better that my 8800L old unlimited plan.

One note is it has to be setup at the address on the account. I set my up at home and that has been it. Have not been in one location where it did not connect if it can get a signal.

Normally the T-Mobile 5G home internet does beat out the Verizon based on download performance. There has been one spot we stayed "in KY" that where was a Verizon signal but no T-Mobile.

If you have account on either - they cut the price I think "T-Mobile is 50 with no phone account / Verizon is 25 because of my cell phone"
mike625 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #3

Verizon Home Internet not available at my Sticks & Bricks address.

T-Mobile home is though and has worked well while traveling around Carolinas past 6 months.
Old 11-27-2022, 08:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
Have had it since June of this year. It actually works better that my 8800L hotspot "both are active currently". I'm using it as a backup to my starlink so based on my testing of locations "WI to CO to VA". Works as good or better that my 8800L old unlimited plan.

One note is it has to be setup at the address on the account. I set my up at home and that has been it. Have not been in one location where it did not connect if it can get a signal.

Normally the T-Mobile 5G home internet does beat out the Verizon based on download performance. There has been one spot we stayed "in KY" that where was a Verizon signal but no T-Mobile.

If you have account on either - they cut the price I think "T-Mobile is 50 with no phone account / Verizon is 25 because of my cell phone"
This is great news! Thank you so much. Is the router capable of hooking up starlink or are using two separate routers?
Old 11-27-2022, 09:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post
Verizon Home Internet not available at my Sticks & Bricks address.

T-Mobile home is though and has worked well while traveling around Carolinas past 6 months.
Oh no. They offered it then said nope. Not available. Back to cell hotspot needs
Old 11-27-2022, 09:22 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winningteam View Post
This is great news! Thank you so much. Is the router capable of hooking up starlink or are using two separate routers?
I'm not using a Starlink router "they are very basic" and to your question - I do not think they have any WIFI WAN connection option.

Also I have not seen any WIFI WAN or Data offload option on either Verizon or T-Mobile. The T-Mobile router is really locked down. The Verizon can be configured like any normal router.

I'm using a 3rd party router for everything.

The T-Mobile and Verizon connect to the main router via WIFI Wan because depending on location and where the cell tower is, they will work better at different locations in the RV "Right / Left windows or windshield". I have my Starlink hardwired to the WAN ethernet port.

If you are just going to use Verizon or T-Mobile as your main connection. Would not worry about another router. They are mostly turn on and forget. I do find that I have to re-boot the T-Mobile router more that the Verizon.
mike625 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:52 PM   #7

Another option is Metro By T-Mobile Home Internet. The main advantage over T-Mobile Home Internet is you buy the gateway for $50 which means you can add external antennae if you need to. I'm currently testing it (at home) & it works pretty good. The download has been at least 25 Mb & ranged up to 190 Mb. Ping is pretty high though, 40 to 400 ms, not so good for gaming. The tower is about a mile away.

Tags
internet, verizon