Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 02:51 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I also moved mine to a 8800l from an old eclipse soon after I first got it with no problems. It did do better with the 8800.
I moved it from a MOFI4500 into 8800 and no change. I put back in the MOFI4500 and used band lock on 3, 4, 6, 13 and 66 with some small difference but not enough to make it really usable. I have moved around the coach and even brought it outside.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 03:01 PM   #16

One symptom of my failing hotspot was greatly reduced speeds. Mine only started showing 3G. Didn't matter where I was - 3G only. Figured the 4G radio died.

If memory serves me correctly - and it may not - older plans had a soft cap and in the fine print it said you would be throttled if you were considered to be abusing the system. Were you doing a lot of heavy streaming?
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:55 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
One symptom of my failing hotspot was greatly reduced speeds. Mine only started showing 3G. Didn't matter where I was - 3G only. Figured the 4G radio died.

If memory serves me correctly - and it may not - older plans had a soft cap and in the fine print it said you would be throttled if you were considered to be abusing the system. Were you doing a lot of heavy streaming?
This plan in the last 6 months probably don't have 100 gigs usage over the entire 6 months. My T-Mobile gets most the streaming duty since last July since it has been between 40 and 500 on Speedtest.

There something going on and since all times days and days of week and even in several large town the service is less than 3 on Speedtest. I don't think it's network managed....
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:52 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
I've absolutely seen significant increases in network management on that Verizon plan versus 2 years ago when I first started. I've been back to a few locations at the same place multiple times. I use my T-Mobile plan 90% of the time now. It's not that the Verizon plan is totally unusable, it is just much slower in most places.

Tags
verizon