Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #1

Video distribution center

What is the latest technology in video distribution center equipment. On my 2008 Monaco Diplomat that is the box (Wineguard VS53dVD/VS5312D) that allows you to switch inputs (CBL,SAT,OTA) for 3 different Tvs.

Just had to change out Sharp to Samsung TV. Can't believe the rats nest in AV equipment cabinet. Would like to simplify, clean up, eliminate the waste. One coax cable was 20' partially coiled behind the equipment. Additional cables un-used in cabinets that need to be traced.

Anyone have AV wiring diagrams for 2008 Monaco Diplomat?

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Tony
Tdccmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2016, 04:33 AM   #2

Diagram

Tony-

Maybe this will help. The file came on a CD from Monaco for the 2009 Simba, but the home theater systems may be similar to the one in your Diplomat. NOTE: There are five pages in this drawing set.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 38080188c ('08 HOME THEATE.pdf (1.02 MB, 443 views)
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I think the latest in video distribution is to focus on the output from the receiving devices not the input from the various sources like antennas, cable, BluRay, or sat receivers. However, you do need modern TVs with user selectable inputs and HDMI inputs to make this all work.

Here's how it works in at least one coach:

Cable TV/OTA TV - routed to all TVs via coax (just like in your house)
Satellite - HDMI picture output sent to distribution box and sent to each TV via CAT6 cable. Decoded at the TV and delivered to HDMI port on the TV.
BluRay player - same as satellite example

At any individual TV, you would select a viewing source via the Input function on the TV. So, if you had three TVs, each could be watching a different source of programming.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
QUOTE: "Satellite - HDMI picture output sent to distribution box and sent to each TV via CAT6 cable. Decoded at the TV and delivered to HDMI port on the TV."

What "distribution box" do you use? Does it have a remote?

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Toad
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdccmc View Post
What is the latest technology in video distribution center equipment. On my 2008 Monaco Diplomat that is the box (Wineguard VS53dVD/VS5312D) that allows you to switch inputs (CBL,SAT,OTA) for 3 different Tvs.
Depends what your expectations or assumptions are. For me, "latest technology" means . . .
  • HD for each TV
  • Unique programming for each TV -- for example, each TV could watch a different TV program, different DVD disk, etc)
  • Surround sound
Typically this means using an AV receiver instead of an RF video switch like the Winegard one you mentioned.

Ideally, you want to avoid pulling new wire (RG6, CAT5/6, HDMI) and use existing RV wiring where possible.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
my second RCA junk went out again. My first one the amp went out. This one the DVD player went out. I lived without the player and now the amp won't come on. The only reason I went back to RCA was I couldn't find a player and amp that would fit in the cramped hole. Still RCA is real junk. Monaco put them in just because they were cheep.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
my second RCA junk went out again. My first one the amp went out. This one the DVD player went out. I lived without the player and now the amp won't come on. The only reason I went back to RCA was I couldn't find a player and amp that would fit in the cramped hole. Still RCA is real junk. Monaco put them in just because they were cheep.
Your system is just old technology. I had a similar setup, and pretty much junked the whole system.

Look at a Home Theater System like this: Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1 Blu-ray home theater system with Wi-Fi® and wireless rear speakers at Crutchfield.com
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote