Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2022, 07:25 AM   #1

Wally signal loss every night

HELP!!! We are our wits end. Dish Tailgator Pro connected to Wally receiver. Tailgator is mounted on roof of MH. Every night we lose signal and cannot get it back until mid morning to early afternoon, it then works fine until we shut tv off for the night. We have been on multiple calls with Dish, who referred us to King who said it was a bad receiver. We took Tailgator and Wally to shop and had both tested - all is fine. Have replaced cables, etc. TV is brand new. Resetting Wally does not solve problem. The only thing we have not done is place the Tailgator in a different place, but we have a clear view with no obstructions.

Any advice?

Thank you,
Betty
Bikerbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2022, 07:33 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbet View Post
HELP!!! We are our wits end. Dish Tailgator Pro connected to Wally receiver. Tailgator is mounted on roof of MH. Every night we lose signal and cannot get it back until mid morning to early afternoon, it then works fine until we shut tv off for the night. We have been on multiple calls with Dish, who referred us to King who said it was a bad receiver. We took Tailgator and Wally to shop and had both tested - all is fine. Have replaced cables, etc. TV is brand new. Resetting Wally does not solve problem. The only thing we have not done is place the Tailgator in a different place, but we have a clear view with no obstructions.

Any advice?

Thank you,
Betty
Normal operation.

When we had the Pathway X2 carryout antenna, our Wally would turn off at night and we had the same thing happen. So, this is normal. Your carryout receives its power from the receiver, Wally. When the Wally goes to sleep the antenna loses the power.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 07:37 AM   #3

I had a somewhat similar problem with mine. I have a wally with a pathway X2 and at least once a day I would loose signal and have to go thru the reset and download process every day. Mine would reset without any problem , it just took a long time. I had a spare wally and I replaced the old one and no more problem .

Now after about two years this one is losing signal on occasion when I turn it off for any length of time. I guess a new wally is in my future.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 11:15 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbet View Post

Any advice?

Thank you,
Betty
Pretty much what everyone said about the Wally powering down after some number of hours. You can actually go into the settings and turn that off.

As far as not reacquiring the signal - that probably has to do with dew/dirt/whatever on the dome and a weak signal due to either you location or obstructions (or both).
Old 11-26-2022, 10:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
As far as not reacquiring the signal - that probably has to do with dew/dirt/whatever on the dome and a weak signal due to either you location or obstructions (or both).
That is what I found when we were up in North Dakota and Montana earlier this year. Wally with Pathyway X2. Heavy dew overnight would cause this problem.

I don't have that problem now that I am in Florida.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a Wally but have a carryout G3 on roof. This system has a power inserter in line and is always on. I had to install a switch to turn off when traveling. Any time i have had issues I found that the Wally software was out of date. You can go into settings, diagnostics and upgrade software maybe it would help.