Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dck22 View Post
The issue is getting the Winegard on the VZW Unlimited Prepaid plan which some on this thread have done but others, myself included, have been repeatedly told by VZW Prepaid cannot be done.

Two comments:
The SIM card I bought at Verizon store is basically a credit card size that the SIM chip snaps out of after it was programmed with its own phone number and to their jet pack which he pulled off the shelf just to get a scan of model or serial number I believe. The SIM card can be snapped out as two different sizes depending on which perforations you push on. I donít believe the SIM card being a different size for Winegard vs jet pack makes a difference. The card is never put in the temp jet pack.

The Winegard does not show up as a compatible device as you state. Somehow by scanning jet pack info onto SIM card and using the emei # from your Winegard device tech was able to link it all together. When I brought it all home and followed directions exactly it worked. Maybe try a different Verizon store. It can be done. Good luck.
Ssowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist922 View Post
If any of you had the 2.0 unit installed and you donít mind, please share the installation cost. Either on the forum or by PM.

Thanks,
óRod
I did it myself.

Follow the instructions for antenna placement. If you have a cable entry port, use it, or the fridge or toilet vent, etc.. You only need a teeny hole for the two power wires. Run it to a switch on your dash panel.

Took about an hour.

I did NOT and do NOT screw anything on the top of my Fleetwood / American Coach / American Eagle roof. I alcohol the roof, dry it, wife it, place two sided tape on the feet, and then make a pool of 3M Fast Cure Permanent 5200 Marine Sealant. It comes off with a spatula - that's about it. It is super, super strong. My 8 225 solar panels are screwed onto mounts that are glued to the roof the same way, so this dinky lightweight antenna is no problem at all. The rig has gone as high as 90, and has been around in very windy conditions.

No drilling on my roof...
glbtrottr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #87

Fixed with an update

I went to my RV with my laptop intending to try glooís suggestions. When I signed on I was informed there was an update available. I ran the update and afterwards everything worked fine. I guess the moral is to not troubleshoot with an iPad. I couldnít see the update. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Daveholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #88

Does anyone have any recommendations on the latest data plans for the wineguard 2.0. I originally had the Verizon unlimited data for $70/mo prepaid but I let it lapse and now I canít find it. What is everyone else using now? Thanks.
Ssowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #89

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssowers View Post
I originally had the Verizon unlimited data for $70/mo prepaid but I let it lapse and now I canít find it. What is everyone else using now? Thanks.
We didn't let it lapse. It is gone into the history books. Good luck finding something.

2021 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS
2016 Chev Silverado 3500HD DRW
dck22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi